Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How does one get the Red seat inserts? I did not see them on the web site in the Build & Price section.
Bob, the red leather seat inserts are only available with the Abarth, not the Classica or Lusso. It's a very pleasing red, not too bright.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bob, the red leather seat inserts are only available with the Abarth, not the Classica or Lusso. It's a very pleasing red, not too bright.
Yeah, I knew that but I did not see where they could be ordered and all of the Abarth models in dealers here have solid Black seats. I am trying to work a deal on one now, either Red or Aluminum exterior and wish they had the Red seats.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, I knew that but I did not see where they could be ordered and all of the Abarth models in dealers here have solid Black seats. I am trying to work a deal on one now, either Red or Aluminum exterior and wish they had the Red seats.
You can't order directly from the website, but there are a few dealers who accept orders. Before I'd do that though, I'd run a national search for your red seated Abarth. I had mine shipped from North Carolina to California ($1,000). It can be really difficult to find exactly what you want locally. Production numbers are still low.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I found an Aluminum one with Red seats in Kentucky and emailed them for information and pricing; however, shipping it here will make it that much more expensive....we'll see what they come back with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I found an Aluminum one with Red seats in Kentucky and emailed them for information and pricing; however, shipping it here will make it that much more expensive....we'll see what they come back with.
You might save something by flying and driving. If the weather permits, there might be some great roads in E Tennessee to explore!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's the dead of winter and you are wanting a convertible. Thus, you have the negotiating advantage. I'd start by asking for invoice plus free shipping and see what happens. Be willing to wiggle back their way, but just a little. Good luck!

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's the dead of winter and you are wanting a convertible. Thus, you have the negotiating advantage. I'd start by asking for invoice plus free shipping and see what happens. Be willing to wiggle back their way, but just a little. Good luck!

True, but is always summer here in FL! As of yesterday evening things started to come together on deals for 2 cars at the closest dealers to me: 1 is a no option Red Abarth with a 6 speed and the other is an Aluminum Abarth with a 6 speed, Brembos & Recaros. I can use my FCA Affiliate Pricing and $1000 in discounts on both and each dealer is giving me the same on my trade so they are basically the same deal % off wise so I just need to decide which I want. I like the Brembos for the Red calipers alone but I wish I knew if the Recaros provided extra headroom. I think they will be comfy based on other's comments and I have had them in past car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, we do not have winter here in Florida. There have been ~4-5 nights total since "winter" started that temps have been below 50. During the day, its 70ish most of the time. If we get a cold front from somewhere else, it'll be 50ish until it blows through a few days later.

I cant imagine my heated seats will be used more than 3-4 months a year at most. Considering how popular convertibles/Miatas/Corvettes etc. are here, I'm surprised there arent more of these on the road though.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts