Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy weekend for "the little red car" (as my wife calls it.) Got a lot of deliveries in the mail this week.

First off - new personalized plates:

Second - finally installed my EC catch can. I have the hydraulic hood lifts installed, so I used the open hole right in front of the lifts for the catch can. There's a very small port in the wheel well that can be used to thread a nut from underneath. My hands were too big to fit, so my eleven-year-old daughter threaded the lock washer and nut onto the bolt, and held it in place with her fingers while I tightened it from above. Then I "made everything purty" by using some braided hose covers.

I also painted the bracket over the turbo blanket, as well as the stripes on my engine cover. The bracket turned out well, but the paint on the engine cover bled through the tape and I ended up with a mess. I used a Q-tip soaked in paint thinner to try to get it off, but as you can see, there's still some residue left. It's not as noticeable as the pictures make it seem, but I'm still very disappointed with how it turned out. Live and learn!

Lastly, I received my new red pinstripe shift boot, brake cover and center cubby cover from Redline. Install was easy for the shift and brake cover thanks to a good write-up here on the forum. The center cubby was a bit more difficult (positioning and gluing the leather,) but I finally manged to get it done.

Th-th-th-that's all folks! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wondered if anyone would notice the way the seats looked. I was holding an led headlamp in my hand when I took the picture with my phone so it would light up the interior a bit more (I was in the garage at night.) The marks on the seat are just the reflection from the light - there's no visible wear or damage showing on the seats at all. All good, fortunately. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
Looking good! @stlspiderguy I see you took care of the awful pink/purple dipstick handle too! Excellent

aloha mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - I appreciate the kind words. This car has been so much fun for me and I've received so much inspiration from everyone here on the forum. I'm getting closer to where I want the car to be, and I have to admit, once I get there I think I'm going to be disappointed that there's not much more to do. But, I will take solace by driving as much as possible one very beautiful automobile, top-down, fast in the curves, and easy on the pocketbook. For years I have coveted the Corvette and the Boxster (and still do) but this car is a darn good substitute. What fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts