Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to say that my OCD was kicking in seeing some "swirls" all natural and expected but not what I've seen in the last 20 years on my silver and then white cars.

I washed the car and it looked good but...oh man those swirls. Just the normal dust road grim to be expected thats hard on a black paint job.

NOT ANY MORE! Oh my...I am sure I'm the last one to find this but...problem solved. No photo trickery...at every angle glass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Careful you don’t polish it too much. The paint is very thin.
The Mazda production line used “weight saving” as an excuse for using less paint. But I don’t believe them $$$$

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Careful you don’t polish it too much. The paint is very thin.
The Mazda production line used “weight saving” as an excuse for using less paint. But I don’t believe them $$$$
I don't know if your serious...but I'm still going to be careful! LOL 😂 😂

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,007 Posts
I don't know if your serious...but I'm still going to be careful! LOL 😂 😂
Dead serious. Red is the worst of them all. I had 3 chunks fall off the drivers door edge within 2 days of ownership with nothing but opening and closing the door normally, it never touched a thing. I wrapped the entire car for many other reasons and couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dead serious. Red is the worst of them all. I had 3 chunks fall off the drivers door edge within 2 days of ownership with nothing but opening and closing the door normally, it never touched a thing. I wrapped the entire car for many other reasons and couldn't be happier.
I could never...but I hear ya. I'd go primer grey if needed...LOL

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
441 Posts
What the above posts said - soft paint - my white spider has chips along the door edges
My last car was black and I agree, they look great clean but show every spec of dirt.
This is the care kit I used and the results were outstanding. Looking into the paint was like looking into a black pool.
Chemical Guys HOL203 Black Car Care Kit
The Turtle spray wax looks pretty darn good but if you are really OCD, you will like this better

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got to say that my OCD was kicking in seeing some "swirls" all natural and expected but not what I've seen in the last 20 years on my silver and then white cars.

I washed the car and it looked good but...oh man those swirls. Just the normal dust road grim to be expected thats hard on a black paint job.

NOT ANY MORE! Oh my...I am sure I'm the last one to find this but...problem solved. No photo trickery...at every angle glass.

View attachment 81892

View attachment 81893
View attachment 81894
It would seem you are not the last one to find this. 🤪 Thanks for passing on your find.
Now I'll share. I see some mention here about chipped paint on door edges. The best door edge guards one can get, at least in my humble opinion are from www.brandsport.com. They offer a multitude of styles, sizes and colors and also a free matching kit. I have used their products on several vehicles including my Forte Black Abarth 124 Spider and the color match as well as the adhesion quality of their products are excellent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It would seem you are not the last one to find this. 🤪 Thanks for passing on your find.
Now I'll share. I see some mention here about chipped paint on door edges. The best door edge guards one can get, at least in my humble opinion are from www.brandsport.com. They offer a multitude of styles, sizes and colors and also a free matching kit. I have used their products on several vehicles including my Forte Black Abarth 124 Spider and the color match as well as the adhesion quality of their products are excellent.
2020 Nordamericano which door trim did you use on spider. I went to lunk but was overwhelmed by options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2020 Nordamericano which door trim did you use on spider. I went to lunk but was overwhelmed by options.
For my 2020 Abarth 124 Spider I ordered 8' of "L" style, color - black, 11/32". This gives you 1/4" adhesive contact on the door itself and a total thickness, which included cover the door edge, of 7/32". Hope this helps.
Note: In the past when I order red for my truck they sent me a card, upon request, with samples of all the different shades of red they offer so I could compare and order a perfect color match. I also did the same for my son's blue truck.
Great product! Fair pricing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts