Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was ending the 5th year of my love affair with my 2012 Mini Cooper Coupe. How I loved that car. It was my third Mini Cooper. Oil was coming from places I don't want to talk about. $2,000 in repairs, but I took took the short cut paid $600 and decided to trade it in. What to do? A search for affordable sports cars. So I go on a hunt. I was liking the 370z, but could only really afford a base model. I'm a girl, I want bells and whistles. So I go to the Chrysler dealership who was just bringing in Fiats. They had two Spiders both Classicas. Black and Red. It looked nice but nothing like I saw online. Ya know the great two toned Abarths that you can't find here in the US! Well I asked them to find me an Abarth and PLEASE a manual. Why do they even make sports cars automatic? It kills me. I got very lucky and they brought in a Silver Abarth, Luxury package, Red Leather seats, and manual. Vrooom. I was hooked. Took me no time to buy it. The Mini was fun but this is all about the driving experience. It's crazy how this feels!! And I was a bit cooped in the coup! The convertible is so easy. Now I spend a lot of time researching and finding everything I can about my baby. I am hopeful Fiat will come up with some great accessories to personalize. You all have been SUPER helpful. So now I must get Vanity plates. C'mon my Mini proudly displayed DIETSUV, can I even get close to how fun that was? Decisions, decisions.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Welcome aboard...you should be able find plenty of accessories to personalize your 124...the forum has a wealth of knowledge...enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Carolinian. I think you will be pleased with your choice, miles of smiles ahead for you. I got a manual Rosso Abarth first of the year and am loving it! I also enjoy this forum, lots of great info and people it seems.
Have a blast!

·
Banned
425 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. I think you made a good choice with the manual Abarth. Don't forget to register with Bondurant School for your free day at the track.Oh, and check your tire pressure, FIAT ships them with 50 PSI and my dealer forget to reset the pressure to 30 psi before delivery. How about FLUACOOP for the license?

Reactions: kjcolv

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Congratulations! I'm new here myself, my car is still out over the horizon somewhere on its way to me. I hope yours brings years of fun and excitement!

Steve.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You scored. Not an easy options list for those here who are still shopping.

Congrats. Plenty of help here on the forum going forward.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome!

Silver with the red accents looks sweet, good choice! :)

Does it also have the red door mirrors, tow hook cover, and front trim, or are you thinking of adding them?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well my dear ....if you have a wife, 66 years old, who has never driven a manual transmission in her life, and a husband who does drive manual transmissions and is tired of doing all of the driving and enjoys for once getting to see some of the scenery, you might understand why I sacrificed my enjoyment of a manual transmission so that my wife now has a chance to drive a sports car, and I have a chance to look around some. I think that we will both truly enjoy our cars in our own personal ways.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SteveWy I so get what you're saying about an automatic. I've been injured before and it's tough with a manual. There are good reasons. Didn't mean to offend! Enjoy the scenery!!!

·
Banned
425 Posts
FLUACOOP...I LOVE IT!!! I only have seven characters in SC. Ughh! Any other ideas?
Two. First you could move to North Carolina or since you owned three Minis you could go with 3XLOSER
Just kidding. Give me some time and I will think of something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MotoPete, My mirrors are charcoal color, darker than the body. Just waiting to see all the goodies that come out before I decide what do to with her.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. There are lots of options for dressing her up and enhancing performance. Mopar has been a little slow in making some accessories available, so many of us are looking elsewhere.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Here are some others - Again in honor of the Mini how about NOLEAKS or in honor of the new life style of the FIAT how about TOPLESS. Then there is 9COOPER (NEIN) or 9 MINIS. CYACOOP or since you live near Hilton Head L84SWIM or
IM L8 2

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love em both

So there I was ending the 5th year of my love affair with my 2012 Mini Cooper Coupe. How I loved that car. It was my third Mini Cooper. Oil was coming from places I don't want to talk about. $2,000 in repairs, but I took took the short cut paid $600 and decided to trade it in. What to do? A search for affordable sports cars. So I go on a hunt. I was liking the 370z, but could only really afford a base model. I'm a girl, I want bells and whistles. So I go to the Chrysler dealership who was just bringing in Fiats. They had two Spiders both Classicas. Black and Red. It looked nice but nothing like I saw online. Ya know the great two toned Abarths that you can't find here in the US! Well I asked them to find me an Abarth and PLEASE a manual. Why do they even make sports cars automatic? It kills me. I got very lucky and they brought in a Silver Abarth, Luxury package, Red Leather seats, and manual. Vrooom. I was hooked. Took me no time to buy it. The Mini was fun but this is all about the driving experience. It's crazy how this feels!! And I was a bit cooped in the coup! The convertible is so easy. Now I spend a lot of time researching and finding everything I can about my baby. I am hopeful Fiat will come up with some great accessories to personalize. You all have been SUPER helpful. So now I must get Vanity plates. C'mon my Mini proudly displayed DIETSUV, can I even get close to how fun that was? Decisions, decisions.

Welcome to the forum. Good choice and lucky to get. My wife and I are both in our 60's. I'm driving a manual 124 and my wife still loves her 2005 manual 5 spd Mini Coupe. Both love shifting and zooming around.
My daughter gets to drive the minivan !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts