Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth - Hypnotic Red w/very large old man spilling out.
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Spider Peeps!!

My wife was poking fun at me today, saying I am the only one who probably does this to a rag top. After washing her, the car...not my wife 😆 , and she was all dry, I noticed a bunch of "strings? or hair?" on the top. The usual soft brush I used to wash it did not remove any of it. So, being the ingenious guy I can be, I grabbed my lint brush!! It worked like a freaking champ!!

The wife came out...probably attention jealous...and laughed and said I was crazy and obsessive for doing this. She said it in a fun way, not mean. So, it got me thinking...am I the only one? I turned to her and said, "Honey, I will scrub you and wax you, and then rub conditioning cream all over you tonight also. Don't be jealous." She raised an eyebrow, and said..."Well, I will hold you to that!"

So I ask, has anyone else done this? I can't be the first....

Thanks for reading an excerpt from "Tizzams Spideriffic Tails of a Roadster Life." (❁´◡`❁)

The Lint Brush...

Liquid Product Azure Rectangle Fluid

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Be not afraid!
You are not the only one. I regularly vacuum,using a brush attachment, the top on Moonracer and keep a lint roller handy in the shop/garage for those moments when I spy a wayward speck of lint or discover that some other unsavory foreign material has settled upon and is spoiling the pure blackness of his top.

· Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,670 Posts
I have a bald head so if anything I will pass the lint roller over myself! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Tizzam

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I truly have found my tribe!!!! Bless you all.

Post #5...meant to say "SWIFFER" duster. Darn spell check!
I also use a Swiffer duster, on the exterior the next few days after a good nano coating (wax), and the interior.

PS...the wife is LHAO. Good Times!~! 😆

· Registered
584 Posts
We use lint rollers on ours!

Reactions: Tizzam

· Registered
2017 Classica
11 Posts

My wife was poking fun at me today, saying I am the only one who probably does this to a rag top. After washing her, the car...not my wife 😆 , and she was all dry, I noticed a bunch of "strings? or hair?" on the top. The usual soft brush I used to wash it did not remove any of it. So, being the ingenious guy I can be, I grabbed my lint brush!! It worked like a freaking champ!!

The wife came out...probably attention jealous...and laughed and said I was crazy and obsessive for doing this. She said it in a fun way, not mean. So, it got me thinking...am I the only one? I turned to her and said, "Honey, I will scrub you and wax you, and then rub conditioning cream all over you tonight also. Don't be jealous." She raised an eyebrow, and said..."Well, I will hold you to that!"

Thanks for reading an excerpt from "Tizzams Spideriffic Tails of a Roadster Life." (❁´◡`❁)

The Lint Brush...

View attachment 96883
Yup! I clean my ‘Fiata‘ show room clean and I don’t want to see even 1 piece of lint on the top to ruin the view of my 3 hour Detail work!

· Registered
2019 124 Abarth Spider
1 Posts

The Lint Brush...

View attachment 96883
Yes… the brush works wonders!
And I give my wife body rubs…

· Registered
198 Posts

The Lint Brush...

View attachment 96883
"Honey, I will scrub you and wax you, and then rub conditioning cream all over you tonight also." ..." So I ask, has anyone else done this?" Seems like you know now, so yes I confess. I've been stopping by while you're out. But your wife said she was used to it now.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow...I meant the lint brush on the convertible top...not the wife. Good to know, though. Thanks for helping keep her happy!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts