Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my recently bought second hand 124 Spider 2016 we just noticed, on the left of the passenger's side, this mysterious opening that looks like there should be a lid or something. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It's a slot for a cupholder. There's another two at the rear of the center console. The passenger side cupholder can go in either slot.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thank you so much! Any idea of where I can get hold of a cupholder?
Check they are not in the center storage compartment or either of the two compartments behind the seats. If they are not there you could check with a local dealer.

This appear to be them on the US part sites, but they seem ridiculously expensive for what they are:

link

Photos of what they look like attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thank you so much! Any idea of where I can get hold of a cupholder?
Do you already have two that you are using at the rear of the console? One of the two is intended to be moved to the place by the passenger leg and moved back to the rear when you don't need it. I always keep one up there and one back. (2 come with the car, and they are NOT identical.)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have to ask...

Do you need cup holders in a sports car?
Since its my daily driver, I drive a LOT of miles, and live in the 100 degree south drinking lots of water - **** right. LOL I keep it in the passenger front position. Don't want a bottle of water flying all over the car.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
There's some truely amazing roads around here made for a car like the 124, but if you don't want to be stuck behind endless Nissan Sentra's, the local wannabe Harley biker gang, or a million cyclists, you gotta get there early, and that requires some hard core caffination. So yes - I need that cup holder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts