Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my car has sat for about a year now at a body shop due to some complications. Won't be getting into all that.

Currently the right rear ABS sensor wire is broken. Turns out fiat in their infinite wisdom made the wire too short - on that note they wouldn't warranty it at my local stealership. (im starting to think that this "maximum care" package warranty that i bought is about useless)

Regardless, right now the door panels are partially apart for bodywork reasons, and the car just will not fire. Maybe it's an oiling problem, but I've done a lot of cranking and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I haven't tried the "black button" trick yet. The mechanic sprayed some ether into a vacuum line and declared that he doesn't believe the car has any spark.

There's a little green security key light that lights up on the dash. Also when starting i get a cluster of warning lights all on at once, more than i remember.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
144 Posts
Ok, so my car has sat for about a year now at a body shop due to some complications. Won't be getting into all that.

Currently the right rear ABS sensor wire is broken. Turns out fiat in their infinite wisdom made the wire too short - on that note they wouldn't warranty it at my local stealership. (im starting to think that this "maximum care" package warranty that i bought is about useless)

Regardless, right now the door panels are partially apart for bodywork reasons, and the car just will not fire. Maybe it's an oiling problem, but I've done a lot of cranking and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I haven't tried the "black button" trick yet. The mechanic sprayed some ether into a vacuum line and declared that he doesn't believe the car has any spark.

There's a little green security key light that lights up on the dash. Also when starting i get a cluster of warning lights all on at once, more than i remember.

Ideas?
After sitting a while, it's common for these multi-air cars to need "oil priming" to the brick. May be your issue.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Hi.....Please read thread, "124 Spider Basic Ownership Rules...some of" your answer is there, Cheers
ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts