Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this is the second time this has happened to me. I'm driving around using the navigation when the lovely lady who so rudely interrupts my music stops talking to me. Normally I wouldn't mind her lack of directions, but the radio cuts out as though she was going to speak, but she doesn't. Before I give the dealer a call, is this happening to anyone else?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My guess is you set the nav volume to 0 by accident. I can't remember off hand how to do it, but within the menus is a spot to increase the volume.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My radio doesn't cut out when the Navigation lady speaks. On my other cars it did, but not on the 124. I had to turn up the volume on the Navigation lady, just to be able to hear her over the radio. When she is speaking you can control her volume with the volume knob without affecting the radio's volume.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even when she's working, the two speakers in the drivers headrest cut out. I don't remember exactly, but I believe they are the only two speakers which she uses to communicate. I'll double-check the volume, but I'm fairly certain it's turned up. She stopped working (both times) during my drive.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ok, so this is the second time this has happened to me. I'm driving around using the navigation when the lovely lady who so rudely interrupts my music stops talking to me. Normally I wouldn't mind her lack of directions, but the radio cuts out as though she was going to speak, but she doesn't. Before I give the dealer a call, is this happening to anyone else?
You've probably set the nav volume to zero. Next time the radio cuts out for an announcement, quickly turn your rotary knob clockwise to raise the volume. The Nav and radio use the some controls. The steering wheel controls will do the same.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. I tried the volume but it is indeed turned up to 45. It happened again to me today. Tomorrow it's going back to service to have them run some diagnostics on it. I made them promise me that I'd have it back by tomorrow afternoon though. Even though it's supposed to rain on Saturday, I want it to take a weekend trip. I'll let you know what the guys in the service dept say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts