Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated my nav SD card using the "Map Update Toolbox" last week and have noticed some changes. This is in the US.

First, it looks like speedcams are gone as there was a light nearby that has turn cam's and there used to be a traffic light icon correctly identifying this but it's no longer shown. Also a number of icons have become generic - I had Starbucks logos before but now it's a plain blue cup like all coffee shops. Gas stations also look generic with no more brand logos. :(

Anyone else notice this?

Am going to roll back to the original files and see if this restores the info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: confirmed the icon changes and also the speedcams are actually still there in the updated files. For some reason the updated database removed a couple that are near me (but they're still there in rl) which led to the thought that the feature had been removed. But I see other cameras now. Not sure I like the icon change. It's nice to see they are smaller and don't block as much of the map. But it was also nice seeing the brand names being used for the icons versus these smaller generic symbols. Assume maybe some sort of trademark or copyright issue caused them to be removed.

Oh well, the update with the smaller icons is staying simply due to the POI database being more accurate than the old version.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts