Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, When I set my Samsung A3 (2017) to mobile hotspot I can connect anything but the Infotainment system. It keeps saying that there is a login error. The Infotainment does however connect to my router at home. The difference between my router and my mobile hotspot is that the mobile hotspot has a security WPA2. The router has only WPA.
Does anyone know if this might be the reason why I cannot connect to my hotspot, this WPA2 thing?
Thanks for any advice.
Rob
Netherlands

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Rob,

I don't know why you have your home router setup to WPA but the simplest way to get an answer to your question, would probably be, setting that router to WPA2 and see whether your Spider would still connect to your home router. (You should consider leaving your home router on WPA2 as it is truly a lot safer.)

Bernd
also Netherlands

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob,

I don't know why you have your home router setup to WPA but the simplest way to get an answer to your question, would probably be, setting that router to WPA2 and see whether your Spider would still connect to your home router. (You should consider leaving your home router on WPA2 as it is truly a lot safer.)

Bernd
also Netherlands
Thanks Bernd, WPA2 did work on the Router, so I could no conclude that it had to be something within the Mobile Hotspot. I hardly dare to say, but I now found out that I had the option 'Only trusted devices' activated on my phone. Now that I disabeld it, everything works fine. Thank for your help.
Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(correction)
Thanks Bernd, WPA2 did work on the Router, so I could now conclude that it had to be something within the Mobile Hotspot. I hardly dare to say, but I now found out that I had the option 'Only trusted devices' activated on my phone. Now that I disabeld it, everything works fine. Thank for your help.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts