Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with the Sat Nav getting stuck on start? It stays on an endless loading loop forever. Over the last 4 week happened to me 3 times.. It goes away when you turn the car off and on in a bit. Not a big deal, maybe i just need a software update. (Abarth 124 Spider - Melbourne, Australia)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the Sat Nav getting stuck on start? It stays on an endless loading loop forever. Over the last 4 week happened to me 3 times.. It goes away when you turn the car off and on in a bit. Not a big deal, maybe i just need a software update. (Abarth 124 Spider - Melbourne, Australia)
No problems yet. I'm guessing we'll the have same version of everything and are trying to map the same domains.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Probably a glitch then, i will get it checked at the 1000km check on Monday anyway. Thanks!
I had that happen one time. I removed the SD chip, started it once without the Nav, shut down and replaced the chip. From that point on its worked perfectly and that's with the "all-in-one" hacks in place. Not sure if it was the reboots or just the physical action of moving the chip (thus cleaning the contacts) that made the difference. The Fiat back-up software should be available soon so that you can make a back-up copy of your chip. I'm assuming the Mazda software will do the job also but might as well wait for the official version.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've never had that problem.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My nav has worked fine so far, but I have a beef about it - no north arrow! At least, I can't find it. Anybody know if there's a north arrow, and if so, how to turn it on?
That would be nice! The only alternatives that I am aware of are to select the 2D North view, or the Where Am I screen - both of which are aligned to north. There is also a tweak available to add a compass indicator to your screen ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The Fiat back-up software should be available soon so that you can make a back-up copy of your chip. I'm assuming the Mazda software will do the job also but might as well wait for the official version.
I didn't have any luck with the Mazda Toolbox, however the Fiat Toolbox is up (in Europe) and works great! And there is an update to the North America maps as well. See my blog for the details.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had mine do the nav loading hang a few times. Mine is a USA prima. Seems to always happen when I'm leaving work for a specific Mcdonalds. How it knows which Mcdonalds I'm going to when I start the car I don't know. I've also got the all-in-one hacks loaded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had that happen one time. I removed the SD chip, started it once without the Nav, shut down and replaced the chip. From that point on its worked perfectly and that's with the "all-in-one" hacks in place. Not sure if it was the reboots or just the physical action of moving the chip (thus cleaning the contacts) that made the difference. The Fiat back-up software should be available soon so that you can make a back-up copy of your chip. I'm assuming the Mazda software will do the job also but might as well wait for the official version.
Thanks, i will try that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mate.. Steve here from Melbourne as well.
I have had this happen to me a few times now as well.
It sorted itself out in the end, but was annoying.
Did they say anything at the 1000k service?

·
Registered
958 Posts
My Lusso told me tonight that I did not have navigation installed. I tried removing the chip and reinstalling while waiting at a light. No luck. When we came out of the movies and started the car, it was fine. (We saw "Arrival." It's pretty good.)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Happened to me for the first time the other day. The rest of the system continued to work, just not the navigation. Turning the ignition off then on fixed the glitch. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, I had that happen once when I tried accessing Pandora for the first time. The Nav program wouldn't load and XM radio was gone. Made me think it had something to do with satellite connection. I was just underway and my phone was wired to USB. May have been a possible Bluetooth conflict in order to access Pandora. It wouldn't go away, even after a couple of stop/starts, until i left everything off for a few hours. Hasn't happened since. I cant see that it had anything to do with the chip in my case; there was a conflict and a clean start was needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The navigation lock up on me today. I turn the car off several times and restarted no luck I will try removing the card tomorrow and see if that solves the issue will update once it has been completed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow I thought it was just me. Like the OP mine occasionally freezes showing "Loading Navigation" and the spinning thing. Like others it starts working again after the car has been off for a while (an not just for a few minutes). It works fine for days on end then suddenly it happens. I called Fiat who seem unaware of the problem and suggested there *might* be a software upgrade (don't they know?). FYI I made a copy of the SD card and it works fine. I think route history is stored on it. When the problem happens switching the card doesnt fix it. I was suspecting a hardware problem but having read here I think it's s/w.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see Miatas have the same problem. Over on the Miata forum someone suggests a hard reset will fix it. To do this press mute, back and nav all at the same time and wait 5 seconds. I tried it and it does reset but I haven't had the navigation problem for a while so I don't know if it fixes it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts