Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bit weird, while I appreciate the simplicity of the dash and interior..well there's the problem perhaps I don't appreciate it. I like busy dashes with gauges, lights and an interior with more "stuff". I just miss my Mini I guess. The Abarth driving experience is sooo much better. So what can I do? Probably ambient lighting is the first step, but what else can I do? Need ideas from y'all.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
We need gauge pods! I want a boost gauge.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'd be good with an A-pillar replacement with 2 pods. Not an overlay.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think the view through the windshield is best, keep your eyes on the road and drive.... gauges?...we don't need "no stinking gauges"....well, tach and fuel....you should be busy enough enjoying the fast ride to notice any other distractions...just my 2c with a touch of humor. Whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can understand this. My last car had more going on in the interior and our SUV has a LOT more going on - almost too much. I think my biggest gripe is I wish the infotainment system supported android auto or apple car play. I think that would help with my itch for more "stuff" on the interior.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
That's actually what I liked about the 124. Simplicity. I must admit, I'm a bit baffled by having a boost gauge; I thought it would be a good idea, not having a turbo, before, but find that getting the 'feel' of the car would be a better indicator of what is going on with the engine, that's why we have a manual gearbox, right? ;)

Personally, I'd like an oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, but then it probably is also an unnecessary item in a modern engine like this.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's actually what I liked about the 124. Simplicity. I must admit, I'm a bit baffled by having a boost gauge; I thought it would be a good idea, not having a turbo, before, but find that getting the 'feel' of the car would be a better indicator of what is going on with the engine, that's why we have a manual gearbox, right?

Personally, I'd like an oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, but then it probably is also an unnecessary item in a modern engine like this.
I'd think there would be plenty of opportunity for expansion for those with the 7" infotainment, since there's an applications subgroup.

However, lack of common platform for development & inputs (aforementioned lack of Google/apple support) will keep these from appearing quickly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
However, lack of common platform for development & inputs (aforementioned lack of Google/apple support) will keep these from appearing quickly.
Since the infotainment system is shared with several other Mazda group vehicles there is plenty of shared platform for there to be a drive to get android/apple play on them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts