Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new 2018 124 Abarth in Birmingham AL, flew out, checked it out and bought it. Stopped in Tuscaloosa and had dinner with my daughter at University of Alabama then drove 650 mi home today. The car is an 2018 Abarth with just about every option available.
Great drive home, but the Recaro seats could maybe use a little bit of lumbar support!
Average 31.7 mpg at 80mph all the way home. Drives like a beast on the highway, very pleased so far.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice find! Welcome aboard. Good looking car. I have found the Recaro seats comfortable for 4 hours at a time but I'm only 5' 10" tall so it may just be a better fit for me. Enjoy your new ride. It's very cool. :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi and Welcome "Robdog"......If I was to own two Spiders I would keep my Red car and buy the Black Abarth as that is one cool looking car. Enjoy and Best Wishes, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I wasn’t sure about black, I originally wanted Red!
This was a brand new 2018 with under 100 miles on it, all the toys and warranty. When I got there, it sure was shiny. Had to do it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Shouldn't you still be in bed Robdog? I bought my Spider March last year, ex demo and basic "Classica" with the sole intention of "Abarthising" it to suit me. I set to work on the car after studying threads and advice's from the guys here and that found by accident on the fantastic "21st Century 124 Spider" site where the non existent information provided by Fiat in it's booklet is posted and easily followed. I am awaiting delivery of some BBS Le Mans 17" alloys in Diamond Black (due anytime) (18lbs) and then my project will be complete. Should I compliment my Spider in the future, which is possible, then the all Black 124 Abarth would be my choice. As our Abarth models come with all the suspension and brake updates I think the only mods I would consider, no DO, would be the Turbo GFB Diverter+ valve mod, highly recommended by most (if not all) of our guys here and change out those wheels (22lbs) for the forged BBS ones and then I believe that I would own the perfect combination of style, performance and luxury....though there would be a very good chance that I would be then living in a tent as "The Boss" (wife) would not be amused !
Boys and their Toys is true and alive I am glad to say (but don't let the misses know I said that) !
Now.....off you go back to bed ! ;) Cheers
ron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congratulations! And welcome to the forum. Lots of good resources here. Miata.net is also very useful for suspension, interior, electronics, and platform mods.

Where in Texas are you if you don’t mind me asking - based out of Houston myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't you still be in bed Robdog? I bought my Spider March last year, ex demo and basic "Classica" with the sole intention of "Abarthising" it to suit me. I set to work on the car after studying threads and advice's from the guys here and that found by accident on the fantastic "21st Century 124 Spider" site where the non existent information provided by Fiat in it's booklet is posted and easily followed. I am awaiting delivery of some BBS Le Mans 17" alloys in Diamond Black (due anytime) (18lbs) and then my project will be complete. Should I compliment my Spider in the future, which is possible, then the all Black 124 Abarth would be my choice. As our Abarth models come with all the suspension and brake updates I think the only mods I would consider, no DO, would be the Turbo GFB Diverter+ valve mod, highly recommended by most (if not all) of our guys here and change out those wheels (22lbs) for the forged BBS ones and then I believe that I would own the perfect combination of style, performance and luxury....though there would be a very good chance that I would be then living in a tent as "The Boss" (wife) would not be amused !
Boys and their Toys is true and alive I am glad to say (but don't let the misses know I said that) !
Now.....off you go back to bed ! ;) Cheers
ron
Had an early flight, so up at 0400!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Where are you in North Texas? I'm going to start attending the DFW Fiat club meetings, hope you can join us!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the family! Great way to "break in" the new toy! If you are in DFW area take a look at the DFW Fiat club, they have monthly meet ups and some club drives coming up in a few months.

@TX_Bandit I have not been to a club meet up in a few months but am going to try and hit the one next month @ Hard 8. Also planning on doing the Waco trip in a couple months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts