Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New owner of a Spider here in sunny San Diego, CA!

Just traded in my EcoBoost Mustang recently and picked up this beautiful 124 Spider Classica to go along with the girlfriend’s 2016 MX-5 ND. While the Mustang was a great car and nicely loaded, after driving the MX-5 a few times I missed my old Saturn Sky Turbo and needed a small, light and fun roadster again. It’s really nice to be back in such a lightweight little car, and the drop top just adds to the fun.

The Spider is a 124 Classica base model in Grigio Moda with no options and a manual transmission - just nice and simple with no unnecessary frills. I want to give a shout-out to the wonderful staff at Fiat of San Diego (formerly Kearny Mesa Fiat) for the most enjoyable and easiest process in buying a car I’ve ever experienced - plus the killer deal they gave me! I couldn’t be happier!

And for fun, here’s a picture of the old Saturn Sky we used to have. It was such a blast and nicely modified to handle better than anything else I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving, and put down a nice just under 400hp at the wheels on a dyno!

(San Diego natives - yes, that is Palomar Mountain, by far one of the best driving roads we have)

Hoping to contribute to the forum over time, and I’ll definitely be lurking and doing my research. We have an idea of the direction we want to go with in modifying both the 124 and the ND, and I probably start a build log in the future whenever we do start changing them. For now, we’re enjoying both cars immensely and can’t wait to hit the back roads or start AutoCross again.

Thanks for your time,
Zach

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Welcome. We have an ND GT RF and Abarth 124 too, so I'm not as special as I though I was LOL

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congratulations. How fun to have access to both roadsters. You and your girlfriend can generate your own private road rally. I always admired the Sky, and its baby Corvette styling. I briefly considered the Mustang Ecoboost, but glad now that I steered away. The 124 is an absolute hoot. Enjoy the rest of the winter (sans our rainiest season ever) with the top down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome, it looks like you will be having a great time in her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

Just traded in my EcoBoost Mustang recently and picked up this beautiful 124 Spider Classica to go along with the girlfriend’s 2016 MX-5 ND. While the Mustang was a great car and nicely loaded, after driving the MX-5 a few times I missed my old Saturn Sky Turbo and needed a small, light and fun roadster again. It’s really nice to be back in such a lightweight little car, and the drop top just adds to the fun.

The Spider is a 124 Classica base model in Grigio Moda with no options and a manual transmission - just nice and simple with no unnecessary frills. I want to give a shout-out to the wonderful staff at Fiat of San Diego (formerly Kearny Mesa Fiat) for the most enjoyable and easiest process in buying a car I’ve ever experienced - plus the killer deal they gave me! I couldn’t be happier!

And for fun, here’s a picture of the old Saturn Sky we used to have. It was such a blast and nicely modified to handle better than anything else I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving, and put down a nice just under 400hp at the wheels on a dyno!

(San Diego natives - yes, that is Palomar Mountain, by far one of the best driving roads we have)

Hoping to contribute to the forum over time, and I’ll definitely be lurking and doing my research. We have an idea of the direction we want to go with in modifying both the 124 and the ND, and I probably start a build log in the future whenever we do start changing them. For now, we’re enjoying both cars immensely and can’t wait to hit the back roads or start AutoCross again.

Thanks for your time,
Zach

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome IHeartRoadsters! This Is a great forum to learn about these fun little droptops including how to turn them into rocket ships. If you haven’t seen the Classica built by Brian Goodwin the owner of Goodwin Racing (which is Located in San Diego) it would be worth your while to see the cars potential. WARNING....the mods on this car are very addictive!

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,030 Posts
Welcome. Indeed most of our fun bits can be picked up dockside at our San Diego location....like our brake kits shown below, the wheels, the suspension, the SystemOne exhaust system, the Ohlins coilovers, etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice combo you have there. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do over here

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check the original posting date folks

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your time,
Zach
Hi - I know this post is a few years old but if you still have your Spider, can you tell me where you get it serviced? There are no longer any Fiat dealers in the San Diego area [Carlsbad is now the closest dealer]. Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts