Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 124 Spider. Perla White, 6MT, Saddle Leather, Comfort / Convenience, NAV, Visibility Groups. 14K miles, one previous owner, excellent condition. LOVE the styling and car. I'm looking forward to tapping the knowledge of the members of the group. With that, I do have a couple of questions.

1. I think the car would look great with some red caliper covers. I've seen some from a company called MGP (I think). Does anyone have experience with purchasing and installing those? I've also seen what appears to be some cheaper ones from China on Amazon. I assume those aren't of very good quality; anyone have experience with those?

2. I've also seen some with what appears to be small Italian flag emblems above the fender lights. I assume they are mostly stickers, but anyone know of any that are perhaps magnets? Not keen on putting stickers on the car.

I'm not a gear-head so won't be doing any major modifications. Just enjoy dropping the top and rowing the gears!! Thanks.

· Registered
575 Posts
I’ve had the covers on a previous car quality wise. I’d say four out of five kind of cool I guess if you’re looking to have a little color.

On 2019 and 2020s those small emblems indicate that a record Monza is added to the vehicle
You can pick them up anywhere

· Registered
35 Posts
Just search for Italian flag car badges on Amazon or Ebay, there are hundreds of them but they are stick on. The one shown is an Alfa Romeo badge supplied as a set of two. FAOD the aerial has been replaced with a Stubby. Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
454 Posts
I believe this badge in this position was shown on the show car at LA and/or Paris shows in 2016.

You have to be a little careful buying them online. I bought some and fortunately took some time to put them on as the red turned to faded orange after a while and subsequently were never mounted. I don't how to decide which ones are the right quality to stand the test of time or UV exposure. Paying more may not guarantee it.

· Registered
35 Posts
I believe this badge in this position was shown on the show car at LA and/or Paris shows in 2016.

You have to be a little careful buying them online. I bought some and fortunately took some time to put them on as the red turned to faded orange after a while and subsequently were never mounted. I don't how to decide which ones are the right quality to stand the test of time or UV exposure. Paying more may not guarantee it.
Very true. The one shown came from Mopar in what can only be described as a red presentation box with Alfa Romeo on the lid in gold lettering, full instructions and a template for positioning on an Alfa 4C so I'm pretty sure it's genuine and good quality. However in this day and age of forgeries of just about everything you use your best judgment and 🤞.

· Registered
2017 Red Spider Abarth
89 Posts
Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 124 Spider. Perla White, 6MT, Saddle Leather, Comfort / Convenience, NAV, Visibility Groups. 14K miles, one previous owner, excellent condition. LOVE the styling and car. I'm looking forward to tapping the knowledge of the members of the group. With that, I do have a couple of questions.

1. I think the car would look great with some red caliper covers. I've seen some from a company called MGP (I think). Does anyone have experience with purchasing and installing those? I've also seen what appears to be some cheaper ones from China on Amazon. I assume those aren't of very good quality; anyone have experience with those?
I have a set of those out in the garage. I installed them when I first got the car and removed them when I installed the Brembos. This is what they look like on a 124. You can't really tell from this picture, but they read "124 Spider". They do a nice job reducing brake dust on the wheels.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
575 Posts
I do know MGP will do it in body color, but that looks great
They do a great job at minimizing brake dust.
Few a few bucks more you might be able to find Brembo’s used from a Spider/MX-5. There has to be a set out there somewhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts