Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Finally picked up my new 124 Abarth a couple of days ago and am absolutely loving it. San Diego California happens to have some exceptional roads to enjoy as well...

I have always been a gear head so I am already looking at whats available for these and will probably start almost immediately making tweeks and changes. Hoping some of you veterans can help steer me in the right direction as this is my first bout with a Turbo 4 cylinder and all the technology packed under the hood. Im far more at home with a Holley 750 and a 4 speed. But this should be interesting and I look forward to learning/adapting.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Hello all,

Finally picked up my new 124 Abarth a couple of days ago and am absolutely loving it. San Diego California happens to have some exceptional roads to enjoy as well...

I have always been a gear head so I am already looking at whats available for these and will probably start almost immediately making tweeks and changes. Hoping some of you veterans can help steer me in the right direction as this is my first bout with a Turbo 4 cylinder and all the technology packed under the hood. Im far more at home with a Holley 750 and a 4 speed. But this should be interesting and I look forward to learning/adapting.
Welcome to the forum...you will find a lot of good information about performance upgrades...braking, suspension and of course power...just start browsing...enjoy the new ride...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the silver with no decals or black hood/trunk, but with the darker silver mirrors/windshield surround and headrest roll bar pieces. Manual trans, black w/ red stitched interior. And I think the only options I am lacking (According to the dealer at least) are the back up sensors and blind spot warning that were on the other Abarth on their lot. Oh, and was unable to get one with the Brembo brake package unfortunately.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Don't worry, you've inbuilt blind spot monitoring, it's called a neck! ;)

Not sure why FCA went with the option of reverse sensors when all cars come with a camera installed... :confused:

Have a look at Wilwood's options for braking if that's something that interests you, not having Brembos isn't the end of the world.

Do you think you might go with the red exterior highlights to match the interior?

·
Banned
425 Posts
Got the silver with no decals or black hood/trunk, but with the darker silver mirrors/windshield surround and headrest roll bar pieces. Manual trans, black w/ red stitched interior. And I think the only options I am lacking (According to the dealer at least) are the back up sensors and blind spot warning that were on the other Abarth on their lot. Oh, and was unable to get one with the Brembo brake package unfortunately.
I like your choice. Congratulations and welcome.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Can always get sticker pads to remedy for whatever extra braking needs you have and that I feel will be something really up for discussion as members here wear out their pads. Always helps to expand beyond what OE offers. Anyone start looking yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts