Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey. Got my car a week ago and couldn't be happier. Looking to make some upgrades in the future and curious where to start (without voiding the warranty). Tune and CAI? Should I consider one of the big turbo upgrades that EC and Tork have put out? Looks like they sneakily put an upgrade into the original housing so likelihood of having warranty problems is low since they won't be able to tell.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome and don't worry about it too much. Do what you want to it. They are pretty mechanically sound engines. If I could pick a weakness anywhere, it would be the water pump and that's not all that common.

My signature shows everything I've done and closing in on half the warranty mileage done in under 18 months with no issues that would need dealer attention.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Good looking spider. just about any mod could void your warranty in the manufacturer’s eyes. That being said varying levels of modification can be found on a majority of member cars. When you modify, keep your OEM parts. They can go back on the car prior to going to the dealer. Most tunes can be flashed back to OEM or removed all together as with clones ECUs and piggy backs.

You have a great car as is or it can be modded to your wildest dream.

Keep us posted on how you “personalize” your car. More pictures please.

Dan

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Depends on your needs.

Since you’re already talking about mods, bite the bullet and get the following:

1. Stuffed 1446 turbo
2. Tune
3. Downpipe/complete exhaust system
4. Intercooler
5. Forged MS BOV and a boost gauge.
6. If you want to finish it off, water/meth kit, wing and splitter.

What I would do anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Forum. Good looking spider. just about any mod could void your warranty in the manufacturer’s eyes. That being said varying levels of modification can be found on a majority of member cars. When you modify, keep your OEM parts. They can go back on the car prior to going to the dealer. Most tunes can be flashed back to OEM or removed all together as with clones ECUs and piggy backs.

You have a great car as is or it can be modded to your wildest dream.

Keep us posted on how you “personalize” your car. More pictures please.

Dan
More pictures!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Depends on your needs.

Since you’re already talking about mods, bite the bullet and get the following:

1. Stuffed 1446 turbo
2. Tune
3. Downpipe/complete exhaust system
4. Intercooler
5. Forged MS BOV and a boost gauge.
6. If you want to finish it off, water/meth kit, wing and splitter.

What I would do anyways.
$$$$$$$$$$🤑
Dan

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$🤑
Dan
That’s less than $4,000-5,000 for a whopping 60% horsepower increase. Who cares?!

You’ll never need more power, is not a hugely complex install or inconvenient.

Car will respond and sound much better too! :)

Like I said, only if you feel you need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts