Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just purchased a 124 Spider Abarth in Oakville Ontario. Looking forward to picking it up next week and putting it into storage for a few months. Here it is on the dealer lot last night.
I edited the second sentence for you: "Looking forward to picking it up next week, while SADLY putting it into storage for a few months". Lol

Congratulations. Looks like the Perla white (versus Gelato)? Post picks before you put it away.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I edited the second sentence for you: "Looking forward to picking it up next week, while SADLY putting it into storage for a few months". Lol

Congratulations. Looks like the Perla white (versus Gelato)? Post picks before you put it away.
I was going to point out the exact same thing.

Sucks!

But congratulations. The weather down here is still going bipolar but you should be able to take it out earlier than expected I think!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congratulations! Not much you can do about poor weather and salted roads, but you could always just sit in your new Spider and project the open road onto the garage door/wall. :D

It'll have to do until spring comes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Some people I know ask the dealer to hold onto the vehicle till weather is nice. That way they preserve their warranty term, instead of wasting it away sitting around. But with all the years of warranty we get I doubt losing a few months will be a big deal to most.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would have been ideal if the dealer would hold onto it for a bit but they want my money and the car off the lot ASAP. I had a 91 Miata that i drove through a few Canadian winters back in the day but that was only because it was my daily driver. 25 years later and a bit more established I have the means to have "toys". The kinda Italian 124 Spider will be joining my Italian Ducati Multistrada, and kinda Italian (first generation Canadian) wife at home. The bike and car will room together in the garage, the wife will be allowed inside. She's as excited about the car as I am.

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Just purchased a 124 Spider Abarth in Oakville Ontario. Looking forward to picking it up next week and putting it into storage for a few months. Here it is on the dealer lot last night.
Welcome! I believe you will love the Abarth. Given the mission of this car, I think you will like the spicy version. Is it a manual? Does the purchase in Canada include the Bondurant driving school? BTW, sharing my garage are a Moto Guzzi Stelvio and a Moto Guzzi California V11. I am looking to trade my wife in for an Italian model although like the Guzzi, I want one you can live with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
welcome

I am in Burlington....looking forward to see you on the drives we do in the summer .....got mine in Oct...drove it 2000 km until they started salting......now sleeping. you will love the car....made to be driven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts