Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've actually been lurking on the forum for a little while now. Got my manual bianco Abarth with lux package a few weeks ago and I've been having a blast with it! The wife and I have already gone up to Dallas and Austin and Texas hill country for road trips. The top is almost never up on my car since the weather has been perfect and I pull straight into my garage. I can't help but smile every time I get in this car.

I'm looking into getting the heritage stripe put on with a wrap and all of the other red trimmings that are missing from our versions of the Abarth. I've already worked with my dealership to get the missing fender badges too. The post all about how we're missing those worked perfectly! As much as I hate ruining the front, Texas is making me put the license plate up. I ordered the tow hook plate mount from cravenspeed for that (along with the stubby antenna) to avoid drilling holes. I'm thinking of other options instead of the heritage stripe too. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 124 Lusso
95 Posts
Hello! I've actually been lurking on the forum for a little while now. Got my manual bianco Abarth with lux package a few weeks ago and I've been having a blast with it! The wife and I have already gone up to Dallas and Austin and Texas hill country for road trips. The top is almost never up on my car since the weather has been perfect and I pull straight into my garage. I can't help but smile every time I get in this car.

I'm looking into getting the heritage stripe put on with a wrap and all of the other red trimmings that are missing from our versions of the Abarth. I've already worked with my dealership to get the missing fender badges too. The post all about how we're missing those worked perfectly! As much as I hate ruining the front, Texas is making me put the license plate up. I ordered the tow hook plate mount from cravenspeed for that (along with the stubby antenna) to avoid drilling holes. I'm thinking of other options instead of the heritage stripe too. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
Hello TheStigsNerdyCousin,

A Houstonian with a Spider 124! I live in Sugar Land and now live in Henderson, Nevada outside of Las Vegas! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sports car

·
Registered
955 Posts
Have you checked your tire pressure?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on your Abarth! I'm in HTown, too. Congrats to me, as well. ;) I FINALLY got my Lusso manual last week. Bianco gelato, too, with the saddle leather. Absolutely love the car. Just beautiful in the white, with the tan saddle leather. It really looks classy to my eyes with that combination.

It handles, drives, and sounds even better than I expected. Just a blast to row through the gears. It even makes stoplights fun. Just one more opportunity to play with the gears. :) It sounds so sweet and just the right sound for my older ears. I can't think of much of anything I don't love about Little Spidee. I'm surprised at how nice the suspension rides over the crappy roads around Houston. A nice ride for such a small car that handles so well. Nice job, Fiat!

LOL. The tire pressure was the first thing I checked. Yep, around 50 PSI, so I dropped it to the recommended pressure.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have! Sure enough, it was at 50 psi. This is after the dealer had it driven from the Austin dealership too. I didn't want to pay the extra $$$ to bring it with a flatbed. :( I'll be sure to tell them about that.

Glad to see other Houstonians around! I'm in Spring myself. I haven't seen another 124 driving around yet, but I'm always on the lookout! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have only seen one other in Houston. Went to Coffee and Cars this past Saturday. Someone said that the Fiat dealer Helfman Imports had a spider there but I did not see it. Place was packed. Got some nice comments on the car. Nobody had seen one in person.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Y'all should head into Vic & Anthony's and convince my brother (head chef) to buy one!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have! Sure enough, it was at 50 psi. This is after the dealer had it driven from the Austin dealership too. I didn't want to pay the extra $$$ to bring it with a flatbed. :( I'll be sure to tell them about that.

Glad to see other Houstonians around! I'm in Spring myself. I haven't seen another 124 driving around yet, but I'm always on the lookout! :)
Ah, you're just down the road from NGEN in The Woodlands. I'm down in Clear Lake. I believe I've only noticed one Spider around Houston, soon after release. It was a Prima cruising in the West U. area. You mentioned the Hill Country. Here's something near-term you may be interested in.

I just signed-up. I've never done The Three Sisters. ;) Notice there's a meet-up in Katy for Houstonians to caravan over to the area. Should be a fun time in the Spider.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Y'all should head into Vic & Anthony's and convince my brother (head chef) to buy one!
From what I seen the Huston car culture is solid, I would find it hard to be someone not into cars, see all this stuff happening and not be even slightly interested.

Plus if there's any vehicle that will win over people its a vehicle like the 124. Similar to what the older 124 did and Miata.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm gonna give NGEN a call and see what they can do. I'm definitely gonna look into the twisted sisters run too. I've never done a road trip like that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm gonna give NGEN a call and see what they can do. I'm definitely gonna look into the twisted sisters run too. I've never done a road trip like that.
I hope you decide to join the TS run. It looks like tons of fun. Lots of hill country twisties and Spiders to enjoy. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts