Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I became the owner of a '17 Grigio Argento Abarth! I got it in an automatic, mainly because it's my daily and I couldn't find a manual around my area for the price I was hoping to achieve. Came with the safety package, main concern was blind spot monitoring with the roof up... I cut a few too many people off when I last owned a convertible, lol.

Came from a '16 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL, so it's quite the change from the last vehicle, but I absolutely love it. I actually wanted an Abarth 124 before I bought the Outlander, but they weren't on lots yet and I honestly didn't think it would be a 'practical' decision, turns out the SUV wasn't the 'practical' decision haha :)

Already ordered the NAV chip off ebay last Friday and it arrived this morning, which was a pleasant surprise. It looks to function better than most in car nav units, which I'm pleased about, but I'll fully test it out next time I go on an unfamiliar drive.

Also ordered some badging for below the glove box, above the turn signals, an the steering wheel.

I'm considering debadging the "124spider" from the rear, but I'm unsure how that will look. Any opinions on the debadging? I'll leave the Abarth logo on top of the trunk regardless, just the 124spider looks a bit 'meh' to me. Already asked the dealership and they said it was just a stick on with no rivets, so it should come off just fine with a heat gun.

And for the future, I'd like the red mirror caps, tow hook cover, and front fascia garnish. Probably will get them wrapped for a temporary solution unless I find them cheap somewhere in the states so I don't have to pay a boat load for shipping.

Added a pic of the Abarth, the old Outlander is to the left in the background :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greetings everyone!

I purchased a '17 Grigio Argento Abarth last week. Absolutely love it so far! It's an automatic with the Safety & Comfort package. *Side note on the safety and comfort package... does the passenger mirror not dim? Only my rearview and driver's mirror has the auto dimming - but the website and sticker both say "mirrors" as in plural.

Long story short, I traded a 2016 Mitsu. Outlander SEL in that only about 17k miles on it for it. I wanted the Abarth before it hit dealer lots when I ended up buying the Mitsu, I should have just waited and avoided losing money on buying a car only to keep it for 11 months, lol.

I already bought some of the additional emblems, such as the fender badges and an emblem for the steering wheel (just a wheel cap for now, didn't see the group buys for the nicer one until it was too late.) Also bought a rectangular Abarth badge (with the Italian flag behind it) for the weird rectangle shape below the center storage unit behind the cup holders.

I'd like to eventually vinyl wrap the heritage stripe and add the red tow cap, mirrors, and the front fascia trim (although I am slightly skeptical on how it will all look with the aluminum paint.) Stumbled upon some lit acrylic wind guards that I think would look nice if I could get the full Abarth shield logo engraved in it.

If I ever feel too rich for my own good, I would love to have the car vinyl wrapped yellow. Mainly because my license plates are "Gatsby" and a yellow convertible would just fit. But I don't know how good the Abarth would even look in yellow? lol, Just a random wish that will probably never happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings everyone!

I purchased online bingo tickets here last week. Absolutely love it so far! It's an automatic with the Safety & Comfort package. *Side note on the safety and comfort package... does the passenger mirror not dim? Only my rearview and driver's mirror has the auto dimming - but the website and sticker both say "mirrors" as in plural.

Long story short, I traded a 2016 Mitsu. Outlander SEL in that only about 17k miles on it for it. I wanted the Abarth before it hit dealer lots when I ended up buying the Mitsu, I should have just waited and avoided losing money on buying a car only to keep it for 11 months, lol.
Wow that's really nice gatsby!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome. There's lots of relatively easy mods, as you have noted.

The '124 Spider' logo is easy to take off; do a search on threads and you will find people have done a few things to it (myself included). It is easy to take off, but make sure you take pictures and measurements so it goes back in the right spot if you put it back :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @LeandroM & @SJWhiteley

I look forward to doing a few little things here and there. I'll probably leave the mechanical bits alone for now, as I don't really have any complaints about lack of power or anything at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts