Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I made some additions to the spider over the last week or so, and she was in the Automezzi Colorado Italian car show today. Honestly I am surprised I did not win the FIAT division as the amount of photos, questions and traffic around my car (the only new 124 there) was by far the most in the section, even the other FIAT guys mentioned it. I added Abarth mirror caps, Abarth tow hook cover and lower valiance red trim, red tow hook, and to my knowledge the only Abarth rocker stripe added to a 124, it was a 500 stripe and took alot of time effort and swearing for me and my son to install so fair warning. I was unsure at first with all the red additions despite it being my favorite color but once all pieces came together I love how it turned out! Anyway here are some picks.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Looks great!

Had no idea, I would have gone. :(

Reactions: Stevelkinevil

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice looking rig, Steve ...where was this event held?
Looked it up, then was in Northglenn. Marking my calendar for next year! Maybe I will see you there.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Likewise - never knew about it. Next year for sure.

The stripe looks great - I wasn't sure how the red mirror caps would look on a black car, but the stripe balances them out really well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Likewise - never knew about it. Next year for sure.

The stripe looks great - I wasn't sure how the red mirror caps would look on a black car, but the stripe balances them out really well.
Yeah before the stripe I was planning to get rid of all the red bits and go back to stock, but decided to wait and see how I felt once the stripe went on. Once it was on it transformed the whole car and I love the red bits now!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Beautiful car! Some of the judges at the car shows can biased toward older restored or modified vehicles. You just never know, but in any case, your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think one of the things that might hold this car back from any car competition, based on looks, is that the engine bay looks messy.

But the exterior sure does look pretty.

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
When grouped in with older cars in a show, the older cars will always have an edge. That's because it's much more difficult to have a 40 year old 124 in show condition than a 1 year old 124 and the car show voters know that and it's reflected in the way that they vote. For a newer car to get any votes is pretty impressive. Typically for this reason most shows have the cars grouped in such a way that old cars don't compete with new.

Greg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
When grouped in with older cars in a show, the older cars will always have an edge. That's because it's much more difficult to have a 40 year old 124 in show condition than a 1 year old 124 and the car show voters know that and it's reflected in the way that they vote. For a newer car to get any votes is pretty impressive. Typically for this reason most shows have the cars grouped in such a way that old cars don't compete with new.

Greg
Agreed, and I certainly don't begrudge the winner anything, beautiful red vintage 124

1 - 12 of 12 Posts