Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess I'm the lucky one today! Getting a new rear bumper for the abby! My wonderful boss at work decided to back out of his parking spot and remove mine for me free of charge! New body panels before my first oil change...I'm SO excited. :(

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
So that's how you remove the rear bumper!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Perhaps it's the perfect time to ask the boss for a raise, while they're feeling guilty.

Hopefully the body shop can make it look new again.

·
Banned
425 Posts
I had some damage on another new car I had. Was just as devastated thinking "Well, it's not new anymore." but I found a really good body shop who did a great job including replacing some parts that would have been concealed. Don't even think of it anymore because where ever I look it is perfect and I know what I can't see is as well! Wishing you the same results.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow, we'll I hope none of the mounting areas have been damaged since that might result in a longer turn around time for you. Always hate when this sort of thing happens to a new vehicle, kills its clean title.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So heard back from the body shop; Even more good news. Fiat has not yet released an ETA on when new body panels will be available! Awesome right? Wondering, if he handles this through his credit card and we d not use insurance, does this still get reported as a wreck on my vehicle?

·
Registered
727 Posts
So heard back from the body shop; Even more good news. Fiat has not yet released an ETA on when new body panels will be available! Awesome right? Wondering, if he handles this through his credit card and we d not use insurance, does this still get reported as a wreck on my vehicle?
No, I doubt it. I went through something similar last year. It was handled privately between me and another party and nothing was ever reported. Still, I'd double check to make sure that the outfit doing the body work isn't mandated to report.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Well we know at least 1 spider is in the junk yard. That was a T-bone accident so maybe the parts you need are available.

·
Registered
476 Posts
well that sucks, and for sure good advice, good timing to ask for a raise.

yep one lusso but the only usable exterior panel on that vehicle was the driver's door. when i got hit the car was pushed/thrown and ran over several street signs and well as spun around a bit, decklid hood, all side panels except driver's door were damaged in some manner. but his is an abby so wouldn't have been able use that bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts