Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the belated post. I actually purchased the car in January. I haven't driven it much though yet, it has about 300 miles on it. I am very happy with the Classica trim, my goal is to create my own 124 Spider version of the ND Miata Club. To that end, I have some Club take-off wheels and tires, Eibach springs with Bilstein B8 shocks, and and LSD differential from an Abarth waiting to go on the car. I also have a GFB DV+ and will be adding an exhaust once I decide which one I want. I think that will be about it for modifications for my 124 Spider "Club".

I have owned many cars, and try to keep at least one lightweight roadster in the mix. They are just too much fun. After several Miatas and S2000s, this is my first turbo lightweight. Other cars sharing space with the Spider right now are a Charger Hellcat, Tacoma TRD Off-Road, and two '91 Miata SE BRGs.

These were taken the day I picked it up:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome, Very nice car. I have a red Abarth without the stripe, and we live near New Bern, NC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, Very nice car. I have a red Abarth without the stripe, and we live near New Bern, NC
Thanks! You have some nice mods. I feel my car is a keeper, so maybe I will be in touch with you for your impressions for a possible "round two" of upgrades. The Abarth already has all of my "round one" mods, plus some. :cool:

·
Registered
755 Posts
We seem to have similar tastes in vehicles. I owned a 2001 Miata, 2006 S2000, 2012 Challenger SRT and 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

Speaking of which, how do you like that Tacoma? I hated mine —shitty automatic transmission, uncomfortable seats, etc.— I sold it after 6 months. Thankfully, Tacomas have amazing resale; I got what I paid for it minus the sales tax. Now I have a Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL: love that thing!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! She looks pretty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the Tacoma, but I got a really good lease deal on it. It is also a manual. I prefer Jeeps as well though and will probably be getting another one when the lease is up.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Welcome, beautiful Classica.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Hi again Rob...I know we spoke earlier in my OS-Giken thread but I didn't realise that you were just joining the Crew....so Welcome. Apart from the bonnet stripe...my car of course, and glad that you are doing same as me and some of the other lads here in making it your own. Yes, I also owned 2 x 2001 NB Mazda MX5's so the Spider is a natural progression I suppose (don't like the ND look). One particular aspect I thought was excellent was the Allen Key wind in/out brake pistons for changing pads....No idea why they lost that idea along the way as I thought that was fantastic. I considered the Bilsteins when swapping out the springs for the Eibach Pro-Kit but the originals work well and the Eibachs Brilliantly. Have fun Modding your Ride,I know I did and moving up to the 17" alloys with 215 boots (later this week) hopefully..will increase further the positive inertia, grip and turn in. The Eibachs alone transformed the performance when on the 16" alloys. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Rob - welcome to the forum. I have the exact same car as you - including the stripe down the middle. Mine is a bare bones version - the stripe was the only option listed on the sticker. I love my car and can't seem to get enough of it. Thankfully the weather is starting to turn warm(er) here in St. Louis, so I'm driving it a bit more than I was over the winter.

I look forward to seeing yours after you've had a chance to "make it your own." Lots of good information here in the forum if you need it, but sounds like you've already got quite a bit of experience working on your cars. Keep us updated on how things are going. Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not many updates, I have been working on my NA Miatas, but I did find the time to mount my ND Miata Club wheels. There haven't been many examples I have seen of people mounting Miata wheels to the Fiat Spider. I think they look pretty good. The center caps are a different size, so I am going to be making my own with some help from Ebay.

imagehost

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, that’s look so much better than the stock wheels you had on it!! I almost bought a Classica and installing ND wheels was gonna be my plan also. Still might get a set and put on the Abarth.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once I get the center caps sorted and give it a bath, I will post some more pics from different angles. I prefer them to the Abarth wheels, and they should be lighter too from what I have read. The Abarth wheels are pretty nice too though, I just happened to get a deal on these and they were local, so it worked out great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep - those look really, really good. A big improvement over the stock wheels. I still have stock wheels on my identical Classica and you've given me something to think about. I'm trying to decide between the Advanti Racing Storm in silver - which is very similar to your new wheels - or the Konig Hypergram with the machined lip. Decisions, decisions. Either way, thanks very much for posting the picture; looking forward to seeing the others from different angles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts