Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

just a couple of suggestions. Can you please add a section for build threads and car dairies? These have been a great way for users to share and showcase their car journey on other forums I've been members of.

And can you please add Australia to the regional forum? Lots of us on here with Abarths ;)

Cheers,
Ant.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Hi there,

just a couple of suggestions. Can you please add a section for build threads and car dairies? These have been a great way for users to share and showcase their car journey on other forums I've been members of.

And can you please add Australia to the regional forum? Lots of us on here with Abarths ;)

Cheers,
Ant.
Yep....that Aus section is overdue. We need a place to start arranging some meet ups.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Hey there

We can certainly get these sections set up.

For the Australia section, should it be divided in to smaller sub sections like the US and Canada? If so, what sections?

For the Build threads - did you want a separate section, or would it make sense to put those in "What did you do to your Fiat 124 Spider today?" section? We can change the name of the forum, and then Sticky a thread inside with that title so it's not lost.

What does the rest of the community think?

Dayle

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I think a single Aus Section for now. No need to break it into States.

·
Registered
205 Posts
One of the best off-topic threads on an old board I used to frequent: Pet Peeves.

You just have to closely moderate to keep from chasing away those who can't agree to disagree on the internet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
One other request/suggestion: make the quick links to the right go to the last update of a thread instead of the thread root. If you're following a thread it would be better to get the latest update.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
One of the best off-topic threads on an old board I used to frequent: Pet Peeves.

You just have to closely moderate to keep from chasing away those who can't agree to disagree on the internet.
Ozrenaultsport have a Spleen Vent thread in the Off Topic section. I have to say that it's entertaining. But everyone is cautioned to read and post at their own risk. Mods generally take the position that it you post in there you asked for it LOL.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there

We can certainly get these sections set up.

For the Australia section, should it be divided in to smaller sub sections like the US and Canada? If so, what sections?

For the Build threads - did you want a separate section, or would it make sense to put those in "What did you do to your Fiat 124 Spider today?" section? We can change the name of the forum, and then Sticky a thread inside with that title so it's not lost.

What does the rest of the community think?

Dayle
Brilliant, thanks Dayle!

I'm happy either way regarding the build thread section. What ever is easiest ;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
We should've gotten a poll on this thread for votes or something. A lot of people will see this thread, think to themselves "Yea that would be great" and then move on lmao

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Fair. I've set it up, as it's own subsection in the Owner's Lounge. If anyone has opinions on a section description, where it would be better placed, or anything else, post it here. Changes are easy to make

Kevin

·
Registered
194 Posts
I could see some use for a classifieds/marketplace section, especially as more and more people start modding their vehicles. Good way to find a new home for new parts that you decided you don't want, or stock parts you no longer need.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i like the idea where it is more similar to a blog/journal but i am good also with renaming the what u did section.

i am not in AU but it might be better for people to local people closer to them if there are sections as opposed to whole country, but if the numbers are real low maybe no need.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I could see some use for a classifieds/marketplace section, especially as more and more people start modding their vehicles. Good way to find a new home for new parts that you decided you don't want, or stock parts you no longer need.
Yeah, like my Abarth gunmetal mirror caps, silver interior air vent assemblies, and stock front brakes & rotors. My garage is starting to look like a parts store, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts