Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just joined and wanted to introduce myself...

I'm Damien, currently 33, and I live in Germany as a British expat. A little more than a year ago, I purchased a Fiat 500 which really really really got on my nerves and which I returned to the dealership. As I was there for some more repairs (the car was brand new), the sales guy told me, there was an unadvertised offer running, for some Spiders sitting on a lot in Duisburg (Germany). A huge selection at the time (around 360 of them). They couldn't shift them and was offering them for HUGE discounts. So I dived in and ordered one from the lot. :)

Originally, I was looking for a base level magnetico bronze pearl Lusso with a manual box, black leather seats and only wanted LED headlights as an option. It ended up being a fully loaded and kitted Lusso in black/black with automatic. Why an automatic? Because I hate changing gears in jams (my area is nearly only one giant traffic jam). I counted 264 presses of the clutch over a 30 min jam on a 6 km section of Autobahn. No wonder my left foot hurt so much! ;) :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And this is my Spider a week after buying it:

I have since driven around 30.000 km, fitted the Stubby from Cravenspeed, lowered the car by 35 mm (H&R springs), bought some black winter rims and installed Android Auto/Car Play with some more tweaks. Looking into changing the exhaust a little now (was thinking straight pipe from rear axle to tip).

Looking forward to interact with you guys! :)

Damien

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice! I'm not usually much on black cars but your looks super and even better lowered. Also noticed a nice Jaguar XJS in the background. Don't see those much here in the USA.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Very nice car and welcome. I have fond memories from the two years I lived in Erlangen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I'm not usually much on black cars but your looks super and even better lowered. Also noticed a nice Jaguar XJS in the background. Don't see those much here in the USA.
That's my Iron Lady... A 1989 catfree 5.3l V12... :D My long term restoration object. Currently got the engine out and have redone it all...

And this is how it used to look:

So, if someone here says the engine bay of the Spider is cramped, I might just post that picture again :D Especially if someone says that cars used to have empty engine bays :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts