Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the new Spider, just got a Lusso on Saturday! Had a 77' Spider 2000 and a 80' Spider 200 Turbo! So technically my 3rd Spider!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You'll love the difference from the early spiders. I had a '71 1600 dual IDF, '75 and '77 1800. I really enjoyed the early cars but all the modern conveniences in the new 124 are great, except for the "can't just store it for the winter and it'll start right up in the spring due to the multiair valve system draining out". I'll just be starting it every 2-3 weeks all winter to avoid the "no start" spring malady. Enjoy the car, especially since you don't have winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll love the difference from the early spiders. I had a '71 1600 dual IDF, '75 and '77 1800. I really enjoyed the early cars but all the modern conveniences in the new 124 are great, except for the "can't just store it for the winter and it'll start right up in the spring due to the multiair valve system draining out". I'll just be starting it every 2-3 weeks all winter to avoid the "no start" spring malady. Enjoy the car, especially since you don't have winter.
I'll be driving year round here so no problem at all! and yes we love it more than our old ones for sure! My memory was wrong, looked it up last night, the77 was an 1800 and the turbo was a82'.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mines a 2018 also in white pearl.
I think the car looks great in that white pearl.

One word of warning though.... the white really reflects the sun. I almost blinded myself when I was walking around the car on a sunny day. Now I always wear sunglasses around the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts