Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I added the front grill badge to my 124 Spider Lusso in Grigio Moda. I went with the red and it looks great.
Purchased from Alfa Romeo and Fiat of Mt. Laurel, NJ. Out the door with tax approx. $48. They orderd it and I got it the next day. Great Service.
P.S. I just love this car!

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks great! I ordered one too when we purchased the car, but unfortunately the Abarth grille is different, so it didn't fit and the dealer took the badge back.

Any other mods/ tweaks in the future?

·
Registered
155 Posts
That sucks, I would think they made one for the Abarth as well!
I am fairly certain that the badge replaces the toe hook cover. On the Abarth the tow hook cover is a round piece. People on the forum have painted it red, or made their own hexagonal piece for the grille.

We will probably use the tow hook for a front license place mount, so in retrospect we don't need any of it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
That sucks, I would think they made one for the Abarth as well!
I feel that my red tow hook cover adds just enough accent on the Abarth grill. I suppose one could add self-adhesive chrome (or black?)124 numbers to it, for sale on eBay and elsewhere. I'd photoshop it first, as it could look really good or really bad, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Hi,
Just got my Fiat 124 Spider. I am loving it. I made my own front grill emblem. It's a self-adhesive domed sticker. I made several stickers to share them with forum members. If interested send me PM.
Aloha that looks good bro! I'd like to get one from you if you still have one. Sending PM.

Mahalo!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks great! I ordered one too when we purchased the car, but unfortunately the Abarth grille is different, so it didn't fit and the dealer took the badge back.

Any other mods/ tweaks in the future?
you can trim the badge ends down a bit to fit into the abarth grill using a file. just take your time and it will come out pretty well

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dear all

When you stuck the badge on did you first remove the tow hook cover from the car. Or did you stick the badge on with the cover in situ??
Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got one of those too from a Mopar accessories website. Adds a little class to the Classica!!!
I'm keen to get hold of the badge mentioned in the original post by Luxlover, but after browsing the internet these are not supplied by anyone here in the UK. :(

While I could order from Mopar here or Autoricambi here the cost of posting these to the UK is bonkers!

I have a friend in the USA who I'm sure would be willing to post this to me and save the courier charges BUT, what I don't want to do is to find that after ordering and delivering to his home in the USA, the postal charges are pretty much what these two retailers would charge.

I've checked the US Postal Service rates and believe that if this badge can be posted as a 'letter', it makes it worthwhile (or at least not ridiculously cost prohibitive)

My question is this.... does anyone know the dimensions of the badge and (knowing the US Postal Service) will this be able to be posted as a 'letter' as opposed to a package or parcel?

If anyone can help with this, I'd be very grateful

Cheers !

David (in the UK)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts