Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this Lusso on Sunday to replace my 2013 Dart Aero. I'm beyond happy with this car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've always thought the 1.4 Multiair was pretty good, but the Dart itself never appealed to me. How do you feel the difference is? Congratulations again!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the extra 4-500 kg it had to pull had something to do with it? ;)
This! The 1.4L is a great motor, I've really enjoyed it in my Dart. With the Eurocompulsion Phase 2 tune and goodies it's been a very fun car. But, shedding some weight makes this motor even better. I'm loving this motor in my 124. Even stock, it moves better than my tuned and modified Dart.

Here's a pic of my Dart motor. First thing I'll be doing is moving the DV+ from the Dart to the 124.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have never seen a heat shield like the one you have on your turbo. What is it, exactly? Is it just for looks, or does it have benefits?

·
Banned
425 Posts
Welcome to the group. Manual or Auto?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have never seen a heat shield like the one you have on your turbo. What is it, exactly? Is it just for looks, or does it have benefits?
It's a turbo blanket, this one is made by PTP. In theory, it keeps the hot side hot and reduces underhood temps.

It looks like Sila makes one for the 124.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks! I got the auto.
Most folks want manuals... but my knees said they would appreciate the auto more. So, I went with what my knees wanted. ;)
You do lose a little performance from the auto, but I didn't get it to track it, but to cruise around and enjoy the scenery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts