Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 + Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Fiat Spider Abarth with no mods on it just yet and I am very satisfied with its performance; but I want to be more satisfied. This is my daily driver during the warmer months in Germany.

I am currently searching for a BOV that will give me a nice sound and boost HP. Though I know quite a bit about cars I am not an expert in the Turbo/Boost field. Any recommendations are gladly accepted, especially if they have full details on supporting parts that I may require to install.

·
Vendor
3,658 Posts
None will boost horsepower, at least not enough to notice or measure. What they will do is improve response when on and off the throttle, like during shifting.

If you want the whoosh sound, you need one that vents to the atmosphere. The best one is the Forge valve which comes in atmospheric, or recirculating versions. The most popular is the GFB valve, which is also quite good. A blow off valve plate can be added to get the whoosh.

Greg

·
Registered
2018 + Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the speedy reply. Does this BOV kit come plug and play? Or do I need to buy some extra mounts and brackets or hoses? Also will it work with the factory turbo that came with my Abarth?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What greg said

I recommend the turbo smart BOV due to easy installation.
Forge is good it uses vacuum and pressure but too many vacuum lines it's getting really annoying

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think the GFB DV+ is good enough if you plan basic tuning without going into stage 3 turbo replacement route. Inexpensive and p&p 20 minutes installation. Just buy a guenine one not the Asian clone crap.

·
Vendor
3,658 Posts
Thank you for the speedy reply. Does this BOV kit come plug and play? Or do I need to buy some extra mounts and brackets or hoses? Also will it work with the factory turbo that came with my Abarth?
They are all plug and play and sold as complete kits. However, in the case of the GFB IF you want the atmospheric whoosh sound, you will need a blow off plate.

The primary reason I like the Forge the most is because it's the only one I have tested that has absolutely zero leakage regardless of boost level (I tested it up to 40psi). Yes, it's a little harder to install, but I consider that 15mins time well spent.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
I got a Forge BOV and GFB+. They stack and it takes about 15 minutes to install one, or both. Very intelligent design. As mentioned, atmospheric BOV gives you the sound, and I experienced childish pleasure when it dumps.
This car is so darn much fun!
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went with the Forge BOV. It does come with everything you need, but I found a cleaner way to install by buying a couple small hose clamps and a different size vacuum line splitter from the local parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts