Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Larry here from Denver, NC (just outside of Charlotte). I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and this has been a great way to learn about the car.

I located the exact car I wanted, a Bianco Gelato Lusso 6MT w/safety package and drove 100 miles from home last Saturday to purchase it. We love it!

I spend Sat afternoon washing, clay bar, and then applied two coats of Optimum Optiseal.

Looking forward to driving it alot and contributing here.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations, beautiful car!
I get mine the end of next, very excited.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Larry:

Hef Badr here...we're almost neighbors. I'm in Mooresville, and often down Denver/Catawba way. Have seen only one other Spider , identical to mine, aluminum silver, in this area. PM me your contact info, we should hook up sometime. Ever drive Brushy Mountain Rd in Wilkes county??? Where did you buy yours? Got mine from Benson in Greer, SC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, beautiful car!
I get mine the end of next, very excited.
Awesome! congrats. bring a tire pressure gauge to delivery. I drove my car home 100 miles on 51lbs in the tires... found two rubber plugs in the storage bin when I got home, so I checked here on what those plugs are for, and found that, and the tire pressure issue. Apparently the tires are over-inflated initially for some reason, and dealers often forget to set correct pressure prior to delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larry:

Hef Badr here...we're almost neighbors. I'm in Mooresville, and often down Denver/Catawba way. Have seen only one other Spider , identical to mine, aluminum silver, in this area. PM me your contact info, we should hook up sometime. Ever drive Brushy Mountain Rd in Wilkes county??? Where did you buy yours? Got mine from Benson in Greer, SC.
Hef - great to meet you! PM sent. We got our car from Alfa/Fiat of the Triad in Greensboro NC and they were great to deal with. Will need to check out Brushy Mt Road!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Awesome! congrats. bring a tire pressure gauge to delivery. I drove my car home 100 miles on 51lbs in the tires... found two rubber plugs in the storage bin when I got home, so I checked here on what those plugs are for, and found that, and the tire pressure issue. Apparently the tires are over-inflated initially for some reason, and dealers often forget to set correct pressure prior to delivery.
So what are those plugs for? I pick mine up, hopefully God willing and the creek don't rise, Thursday afternoon when I get back into town. They sent pictures after they got set up, they, unfortunately, installed the front license bracket after specifically ask them not to. So I'll have to assume they didn't do the other things I asked of them to do, so I'm prepared to go over everything before leaving the lot :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice car, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts