Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

New Member Comment

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tonyo 
#1 ·
Happy to be a new member. I have been following posts for over 3 months now. I am still waiting on my White Abarth. My dealer thinks it will arrive next month. Hoping for "Indian Summer" here in Minnesota so I can get a few miles in before storing it for the winter. Chomping at the bit!

#3 ·
Gets chilly there. Last time I was in Minneapolis/St Paul it was a balmy -20! Lovely city but the winters would kill me.

Reactions: iamz
#8 ·
Thanks, I hope I like the paddle shifters. I went with the auto to convince my wife (she has had plantar fascia issues) that she will be able to drive it without foot pain. We had a Mini Cooper Clubman before with a manual and it drove her left foot crazy working the clutch.

#9 ·
Be sure and check your tire pressure when you pick it up. Many dealers are failing to lower the pressure to 29 pounds at delivery, leaving them at 50+. If they are not properly inflated, have the dealer do so, and reset the TPMS.

#10 ·
Third Childhood

This wonderful Spider was a gift from my wife on our 51st Anniversary. We live in St Augustine Florida and had to drive to Miami to get a RED one. The dealer there would not release his red Lusso to a local dealer but took a $7500 down payment over the phone on my VISA card to hold it till the next day when we could get to Miami. My great wife remembered how I lusted for one back in the 60's and had to settle for MG's and Sunbeams. As soon as she saw the new Spider advertised she handed me her cellphone and said "BUY IT ". Being the good husband, I said "Yes Dear !". Love the car, (love my wife). By the way, my second childhood was a new Honda Goldwing motorcycle,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.