Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Abarth 124 Spider this afternoon. I had been looking for a Miata Club but had been unable to find what I wanted and decided to test drive the Fiat this afternoon. They made me a great deal that I couldn't walk away from ...

I bought one with the manual transmission, LSD, Recaro seats and Brembo brakes (without the Luxury or Safety & Comfort option packages). Most of the cars available in Denver have the automatic. While I wasn't thrilled with the color (black), but other than that it's exactly what I was looking for. I think the Mazda motor is much better at lower RPMs, but once it gets on the boost in sport mode the Spider is a real kick (I think a performance tune is likely in the near future).

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Higgins ...nice looking rig. Were you at the car show last weekend? If so, you may have seen my aluminum 124 there.

It is almost time to get a 124 Spider Club started!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I wasn't at the car show. I took the new car for a drive today up Coal Creek Canyon to Peak to Peak, stopped at Roy's Last Shot for a late breakfast and then went down Golden Gate Canyon to Golden before going home. I had a blast. Although, I probably should slow things down a little or this could get expensive...

A club wouldn't be a bad idea. Although I hate meetings. My BMW motorcycle club meets for breakfast on Saturdays and then goes out for rides. Maybe Sunday breakfast Spider club?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know black is hard to keep pretty, but WOW this car looks soooo good in black. Great looking car, congrats. Have yet to see another one up north here in Fort Collins. A causal club would be fun. I like the breakfast and drive approach with like minded 124 lovers!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I know black is hard to keep pretty, but WOW this car looks soooo good in black. Great looking car, congrats. Have yet to see another one up north here in Fort Collins. A causal club would be fun. I like the breakfast and drive approach with like minded 124 lovers!
Count me in. Drive then breakfast works well - early start to avoid the tourists...

Black Abarths are becoming a Colorado favorite...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Are you going to add the Abarth red bits or keep it stealth black?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts