Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
Hi @fumbles ! Congratulations and welcome to our forum! I do not have any suggestions for cupholders, other than ordering through a Fiat dealer, or going to " www.mopar.com " or some other similar Mopar parts site. They would be expensive. I bet somebody here will be along soon to provide other suggestions. This is the place for help on subjects like this. Happy Spidering! Your new car will provide a hundred smiles per hour or more! Best, s

Registered
Congratulations and WELCOME!
Excellent move, your recent acquisition thrusts you into rarified air, into the world of the enlightened.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You always have the option of a hydration pack and sucking your favorite beverage thru a long plastic tube. 馃槑
(Agreed, they are less than desirable)
I used to have an Indian Scout as my only vehicle a few years ago. I鈥檓 real familiar with that method lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And their friends, who think those cupholders are just pitiful.
Based off all the reviews on the Interwebs about them i鈥檇 agree too. It would be nice to be able to at least carry a drink though and not have it roll around everywhere. It鈥檚 hot in Texas 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Wife and I picked up this today. 2017 124 Spider Lusso. Never driven a 2 seater before. So far a lot of fun. Any tips for after market cup holders? Ours didn鈥檛 come with any 馃槥 View attachment 90246
View attachment 90245
View attachment 90244
If you're open to foregoing the sippy cup holder, I bought a cell phone holder and case from MX5things. So much more functional for my purposes since I haven't felt to need to drink more than needing a place for the phone.
Links:

Registered
I think you have to update the firmware before installing.

(1) CarPlay / Android Auto Upgrade HowTo | Fiat 124 Spider Forum

"ATTENTION 鈥 IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE FIRMRWARE UPGRADE DESCRIBED HERE IS CARRIED OUT BEFORE THE INSTALLATION OF ANY OF THE NEW HARDWARE DESCRIBED IN PART 2."

And from the amazon page you linked:

"If the software is not v70.00.021 or higher, you need to upgrade the firmware before starting the installation. If you use an older version of the CMU software, the CarPlay/Android Auto compatible USB hub may not be recognized. (Before upgrading the firmware, you should remove the SD card and insert it after the upgrade is complete, otherwise GPS or navigation will not work properly.) "

Amazon has the OEM Mazda (not a Chinese knockoff) part for only $38 more.

Amazon.com: Mazda Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Retrofit Kit 0000-8F-Z34, TK78-66-9U0C : Electronics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts