Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Franco and im very happy to say that few days ago finally i could get my self an 2017 Abarth 124 Spider. It was really hard to get one of these beatiful machines in my country (Chile) as this car was not sold in South America, so it is like a dream come true for me, and I think is the only one in my country (as far as i know).
Ive been reading the forum for some weeks and Ive learned a lot, actually I already installed the AA & CarPlay upgrade, and it works perfect.
I hope I can keep enjoying and learning a lot from this forum, and be able to participate with this community.
Thank you guys.

Ps.: sorry if my english is not perfect, its not my native language

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
284 Posts
Just so you know your English is better than mine and I have lived in the US all my life! Better yet I don’t speak let alone type any Chilean words, so your way ahead of me there! Welcome to the group and I can’t imagine what you went through to get this car because they sell them here and they are still impossible to find!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Franco and im very happy to say that few days ago finally i could get my self an 2017 Abarth 124 Spider. It was really hard to get one of these beatiful machines in my country (Chile) as this car was not sold in South America, so it is like a dream come true for me, and I think is the only one in my country (as far as i know).
Ive been reading the forum for some weeks and Ive learned a lot, actually I already installed the AA & CarPlay upgrade, and it works perfect.
I hope I can keep enjoying and learning a lot from this forum, and be able to participate with this community.
Thank you guys.

Ps.: sorry if my english is not perfect, its not my native language
Welcome from Scotland Franco! Great job in getting yourself an Abarth 124 they're great fun. Post some pics and tell us more about how you got one in Chile. G

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
790 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!

¡Bienvenido a nuestro grupo! Esperamos ver fotos de su coche y su pais.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
284 Posts
Ha took some Spanish! Yeah pics please!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Your taste in cars is perfect! Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your nice reception!!!
About how I got this beauty, actually I was really lucky to get this car, cause I struggled like 6 months to import a classica from Copart (i wanted an abarth but that was all I could find), but finally i got trouble with shipment and import duties so I gave up. Then, a friend told me that he met a 50 year old man that was selling a Fiat 124 Spider 2017, IN MY CITY. I didnt saw any pictures so I immediately contacted him and went the next day to his door. It was a big surprise to me when i saw the abarth logo and the heritage stripe, i falled in love immediately. I bought the car the next week for a very good deal. I couldnt believe that all i looked for so hard was in my nose. Turns out the man imported the car like 2 years ago and he barely used, it was on the garage most of the time, so i never saw it. I am so happy right now!!

I have not decent pics of the car as i only had it for one day and had to do a bussines trip, as soon as i get home ill post some more decent pics, this is all I can show you now.

I already ordered the fender badges, red mirror caps, red eye tow and red front bumper.

Thank you all again for your reception!!
Saludos desde Chile!!

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Fate brought this car to you! You can never part with it!

Looks fabulous, and will be even better with your planned improvements!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi and Welcome Aboard Franco....I love this kind of story......desperate for a 124 Spider you chased the 124 Classica that you did not really want rather than have no Spider, then taxes and red tape prevent even that...so devastated only to then find the 124 Spider Abarth that you really wanted is sitting there locally just waiting for you to claim it.....Outstanding.
Chile have produced some Great World Class football teams (Soccer for you Yanks) in the past and your English is not a problem at all....Enjoy The Ride Brother, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hola Franco,
Hoping that nothing major goes wrong with your Abarth🙏
I live in southern California and it's hard enough finding a good fiat technician when a problem arises, let alone having the car in a country where it originally wasn't for sale 😅
But I'm sure the fact you were able to do this means you've also got the dinero if a problem arises. Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hola Franco,
Hoping that nothing major goes wrong with your Abarth🙏
I live in southern California and it's hard enough finding a good fiat technician when a problem arises, let alone having the car in a country where it originally wasn't for sale 😅
But I'm sure the fact you were able to do this means you've also got the dinero if a problem arises. Enjoy and be safe!
Im not even sure there is a fiat technician in the whole country, but i have my own trusted service technician, i checked the car with him before buying and there is no big trouble with anything, just fluid changes and stuff. But certainly it will be a problem if something major accurs, its the risk i assumed for exclusivity i guess.

Hi and Welcome Aboard Franco....I love this kind of story......desperate for a 124 Spider you chased the 124 Classica that you did not really want rather than have no Spider, then taxes and red tape prevent even that...so devastated only to then find the 124 Spider Abarth that you really wanted is sitting there locally just waiting for you to claim it.....Outstanding.
Chile have produced some Great World Class football teams (Soccer for you Yanks) in the past and your English is not a problem at all....Enjoy The Ride Brother, Cheers
ron
Thank you Ron, nice to see some football fans over here, i love to watch the EPL on sunday mornings.

Thank you all again for your reception, im learning a lot from you guys!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hola Franco, ¿cómo estás?

It‘s nice to see a 124 spider in South America! Are there many? My Partner is Colombian and I have never seen one on our travels - send us lots of scenery pics when you are out driving.

Saludos

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hola Franco, ¿cómo estás?

It‘s nice to see a 124 spider in South America! Are there many? My Partner is Colombian and I have never seen one on our travels - send us lots of scenery pics when you are out driving.

Saludos
I have never seen one in the streets in here, as far as i know, is the only one in the whole country.

Saludos

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
132 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've got something so rare in your country.

Do you have good roads in your area to take the car out for "spirited driving"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've got something so rare in your country.

Do you have good roads in your area to take the car out for "spirited driving"?
Thank you!
And sure, there are plenty of them, actually to go to my job i have to drive like 30 miles and it is a very fun and beatiful road that goes alongside the coast, so yeah, also i dont pretend to go to work everyday in this car, just sometimes, because of the mileage, i want this car to be eternal.

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
720 Posts
Franco, very well done! Welcome to the joy of ownership of your Abarth Spider. You will find many suggestions here about how to spend your money on additions and modification of your Spider.

Reactions: frank.avon
1 - 18 of 18 Posts