Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new Lusso Plus on Saturday 2nd Sept. The "67" plate was new on the 1st, so nice to have a new car just as the plate changed. I am having one major issue with it though, trying to extract my wife from the driver's seat!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome, the UK numbers are slowly increasing. Where about are you?
Danny
Thanks, in Swansea, South Wales. The first letter of the plate denotes the region, C is Cymru, Welsh for Wales!

I noticed the Frogeye in your sig. I had a mark ii sprite many years ago, same shape as the MG midget, followed by an MGB GT... if only I still had them now!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice ride! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you ?run in? your new engine? Or is that procedure a thing of the past these days?

I take delivery next week and people are telling me to stick to 3500revs or lower in the first month or so.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Have you ?run in? your new engine? Or is that procedure a thing of the past these days?

I take delivery next week and people are telling me to stick to 3500revs or lower in the first month or so.

I subscribe to the theory "drive it as you intend"
do the same thing with bikes.
go up and down the rev range, don't beat on it, but don't just drone on at one speed either.

I personally think the run-in is a thing of the past.

but hey, your mileage may vary...

welcome to the family

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The manual has an 'engine break in' section:

Engine Break-In Recommendation
No special break-in is necessary, but a few precautions in the first 620 miles (1000 km) may add to the performance, economy, and life of the vehicle:
Do not race the engine.
Do not maintain one constant speed, either slow or fast, for a long period of time.
Do not drive constantly at full-throttle or high engine rpm for extended periods of time.
Avoid unnecessary hard stops.
Avoid full-throttle starts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great advice from the manual, thanks for sharing. Been pestering the dealer daily... Early next week it arrives, plus a day or two for checks and cleaning. Super excited. And, I promise not to drive it ?at one constant speed? lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts