Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nine months old and 4500 on the clock. All going well so far. I've even updated the SatNav! (took about 3 hours).
I was torn between buying an MX5 or a Spider. After weeks of deliberating, I went for the Spider.
Does anyone remove the wind deflector when driving with the roof up? I would prefer not to have it reflected in the driving mirror but can't find a place to stow it in the cabin. Pity it isn't hinged. Any suggestions?

Great car! Roll on some sunny days.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Does anyone remove the wind deflector when driving with the roof up?

Up/down that thing is never on my car. From day one I thought it was cheap, ugly and useless. It's been permanently replaced with inserts made from a 3D printer:

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome Hotspur

Some great roads down your way.

Best choice in the Spider.

Enjoy finding a space for the wind deflector ....behind the seat? in the boot?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I took the wind deflector out and never put it back. My NC had the hinged one and it made a difference. The Fiat deflector does nothing other than look cheap, obscure vision and make it hard to click down the top. But other than that it's great......

Reactions: Stillrollin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Up/down that thing is never on my car. From day one I thought it was cheap, ugly and useless. It's been permanently replaced with inserts made from a 3D printer:
Hi can you make some more of those plugs for the wind deflector slots? I would buy them off you. I am a new member too. Based in the Brecon Beacons National Park With a Red Lusso, and loving the looks and the drive.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Unfortunately, I won't have access to the 3D printer until the holidays. I intend to make some more as the first patch weren't perfect. If I do, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, I won't have access to the 3D printer until the holidays. I intend to make some more as the first patch weren't perfect. If I do, I'll let you know.

That's brilliant! I can wait. Just message me and I will send payment.
Thanks again

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nine months old and 4500 on the clock. All going well so far. I've even updated the SatNav! (took about 3 hours).
I was torn between buying an MX5 or a Spider. After weeks of deliberating, I went for the Spider.
Does anyone remove the wind deflector when driving with the roof up? I would prefer not to have it reflected in the driving mirror but can't find a place to stow it in the cabin. Pity it isn't hinged. Any suggestions?

Great car! Roll on some sunny days.
With the top up just put it in the space the top folds down in, as the deflectors flat the top would just fold down on it anyway if you forgot to take it back out.
It's a handy bit of storage back there when the tops up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the top up just put it in the space the top folds down in, as the deflectors flat the top would just fold down on it anyway if you forgot to take it back out.
It's a handy bit of storage back there when the tops up.
Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks for the tip… I have been parking it behind the driver's seat but this is much more convenient.
By the way, my car doesn't have cup holders (not a problem for me), but there is a hole in the passenger side of the transmission tunnel where one can be fitted. Surely this should have a cover, or do the Italians use it as an alternative ash tray?

·
Registered
556 Posts
your cup holders may be hiding in one of the cubbies behind a seat.
should have come with 2

haven't looked closely at the slot for the one on the transmission hump, but doesn't it have a pop up cover like the ones in the center console?

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Welcome aboard,
Do you use Hotspur for the car? It's a great name. Henry4 P1 is my favorite Shakespeare.
Is there a Falstaff in the household too? ☺
Best Regards
Pete

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Another Welsh car - we all ought to get together some time - we have some great roads for a 'gentle run' one day.
Danny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts