Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am eagerly waiting delivery of my 124 Lusso Plus in red, is there anything I should be aware of when picking it up from the dealership and the running in process? Quite a few comments about the paint so hope I have gone for the right colour ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make sure to check the tire air pressure and also check to see if they have re-installed the tow hook plugs back into the chassis before driving it off the lot. A number of people, me included, have noted that these two prep items were not completed by the dealership.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I drove 6 hours to get my white classica. They did a fair prep job. When I left I noticed a blue coolent light on, so I turned around. Come to find out , that's normal till the car warms up. The dealer forgot to mention that. No paint issue on my white car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
...No paint issue on my white car.
Same here. My Bianca Gelato Lusso is about as perfect a paint job as I've ever had on a car. I'm very glad I went with that color.

Ditto on the tire pressure. Mine was at the 50 psi, too. You'd thing the dealers would be catching on to that nit by now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome! Yeah, be sure they set the tire pressure at 29 pounds. They are shipped with 50 in them. Also, like he said earlier, the chassis plugs under each side.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I had residue tape glue that I thought were scratches ...not scratches, just shipping junk that had not been cleaned off...prep is basically nonexistent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts