Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around this afternoon with a new look to the rear end. I pulled the rear "124 Spider" emblem off of the spoiler, painted it satin black and moved it to the panel below. I think it gives a more balanced look by repositioning the emblem.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a double-sided sticky tape made by http://www.shurtape.com/
You apply the tape to the part, then peel off the protective plastic from the other side before applying it to the car. The adhesive is very similar to the adhesive on the emblem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The satin black looks really good on the white paint. Great job!

·
Registered
56 Posts
What method did you use to get the emblem off? It looks really well done. Nice job.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great job, Dave. I'll order that Shurtape for the dash application I was telling you about, using my old 124Spider emblem. I've worked with fishing line and heat guns enough to not be intimidated by such an experiment. Easy to change my mind if I don't like the looks later on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a hair dryer to evenly warm the emblem, then slowly pulled a strip of dental floss underneath the emblem. It came off pretty easily. Get it nice and warm, then take your time pulling the floss through. Warm it up a little more if necessary.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Love it! I am going to do it!! What a great idea, I thought it looked forced on the factory placement

Black satin paint or Plasti Spray?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Looks good and I am thinking of doing something similar although a different location...I cannot stand the chrome. I have never had much luck saving emblems after I removed them so I will probably buy a new one and paint it; however, did you get it all off together or in several pieces?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where else are you thinking of putting the emblem?

Looks good and I am thinking of doing something similar although a different location...I cannot stand the chrome. I have never had much luck saving emblems after I removed them so I will probably buy a new one and paint it; however, did you get it all off together or in several pieces?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would probably look really good, depending on color of the car. Especially if you already have some red accents.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where did you get the red scorpion. That is a perfect size. Is it metal?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where did you get the red scorpion. That is a perfect size. Is it metal?
Got it on EBay Abarth stickers! $3.something! Black metal! Painted it with Rust-oleum ultra cover paint & primer, Gloss Apple Red.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts