Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I just picked up a new white Abarth for our weekend/fun car, just in time for the summer.

Not even 100 miles and already have orders for some go-fast parts.

Loving this thing, so much fun to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome. Is that the 405 at Irvine in the second photo?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Great looking car...I got you slightly beat by mileage and buying parts. ...I haven't even driven Wendy yet (pick her up tomorrow) and I've spent well over $1500 in add-ons. SMH

·
Registered
727 Posts
What city of residence? Congratulations! You are the fourth person in the local area (that I know of on this forum) with a white Abarth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats Orion! I also have a white Abarth. We named her "Bianca". Have over 4,000 miles on her already. Don't forget to disengage the traction control before you try "drifting" corners. Welcome to the forum.
Drew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What city of residence? Congratulations! You are the fourth person in the local area (that I know of on this forum) with a white Abarth.
I am in the Irvine area.

I believe it, my wife looked at all the colors and wanted white, although she wanted the red seats, but OCFiat did not have them. I also could not believe that no local dealership had one in a manual trans. ALL were ordered with the AT. OCFiat had 10 Abarth's on their lot, much more than other dealerships in SoCal that might of had 3 at the most.

BTW, I have read a few of your posts on the Heritage Edition. My wife is 100% set on it, so I am going to start going through the process.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am in the Irvine area.

I believe it, my wife looked at all the colors and wanted white, although she wanted the red seats, but OCFiat did not have them. I also could not believe that no local dealership had one in a manual trans. ALL were ordered with the AT. OCFiat had 10 Abarth's on their lot, much more than other dealerships in SoCal that might of had 3 at the most.
I bought mine in Thousand oaks i was also looking for a Manual but but only found one black one on Lancaster but i didn't want to make the drive.

But congrants on getting the abarth

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats Orion! I also have a white Abarth. We named her "Bianca". Have over 4,000 miles on her already. Don't forget to disengage the traction control before you try "drifting" corners. Welcome to the forum.
Drew
Thanks Drew -

I have not had too much seat time as of yet, but going to be driving her down to San Diego tomorrow. I will be hunting for a nice open parking lot and see if I can have some fun.

The mods are coming in nicely, currently on order and arriving on Monday:

- H&R Sport Springs
- 15MM spacers all 4 corners
- Madness MAXFlow Intake System
- Auto Ricambi non-res exhaust
- Stubby Antenna (because stubbies rock):D

I am on the fence to get the GFB DV+ next, but seems like a good upgrade considering that I will be getting a tune in the not too distant future. I also want to have the wife get some track time in the 124, so I also might be looking at some added stiffening bits. Brian @ Good-Win Racing is the man when it comes to the track, so I might have to pick his brain on what to do next with the suspension.

·
Registered
126 Posts
- H&R Sport Springs
Im looking to get springs soon just wanted to know why you picked the H&R springs

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks Drew -

I have not had too much seat time as of yet, but going to be driving her down to San Diego tomorrow. I will be hunting for a nice open parking lot and see if I can have some fun.

The mods are coming in nicely, currently on order and arriving on Monday:

- H&R Sport Springs

I am on the fence to get the GFB DV+ next, but seems like a good upgrade considering that I will be getting a tune in the not too distant future. I also want to have the wife get some track time in the 124, so I also might be looking at some added stiffening bits. Brian @ Good-Win Racing is the man when it comes to the track, so I might have to pick his brain on what to do next with the suspension.

Get the GFB DV+ NOW. You will not regret it. You will never look back. Best possible mod for the low $$
entry fee. Makes a really noticeable difference especially spooling up in 2nd gear at low rpm's. There are NO negative comments about this mod anywhere on this forum. Just do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im looking to get springs soon just wanted to know why you picked the H&R springs

Reputable manufacture and the drop is what I was looking for. They are 1.2 in the front and 1.1 in the rear. Other reviews said that it does not make the ride that much stiffer than the stock Abarth, so it seemed like the right fit. Nothing beats a full coilover set, but I am not going to drop $1200+ on coilovers (yet) if it's not a dedicated track car. $200 is much more reasonable. I just need to get rid of that 4-finger wheel gap and with the 15mm spacer combo, hopefully tighten up the turn-in. A good set of lower sways could help too and they are not expensive.

I will take pics of the install and provide a review.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Get the GFB DV+ NOW. You will not regret it. You will never look back. Best possible mod for the low $$
entry fee. Makes a really noticeable difference especially spooling up in 2nd gear at low rpm's. There are NO negative comments about this mod anywhere on this forum. Just do it.
LOL, love it! I just put in the order now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
New SoCal Abarth Owner.

I am in the Irvine area.

BTW, I have read a few of your posts on the Heritage Edition. My wife is 100% set on it, so I am going to start going through the process.
Congrats Orion: I'm in Irvine also. Got my red Abarth last April 14th, and have yet to see any 124 Spider in the wild. Here's a picture of mine taken at the Mason Regional Park.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I spent ten years in Irvine before moving to Colorado in 2014. Not gonna lie, I don't miss the traffic. On the other hand, I think there may be winter months where I use more gas in the snowblower than the Spider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the Irvine area.

yup, +1 here in OC too. i was hoping for the grey abarth in 6mt, but nobody seemed to have it so i opted for white in 6mt. drove it immediately to my custom wrap guy for a satin black stripe plus red mirrors and front lip splitter like the show car. turned out great! still have less than 100 miles on the car since i've been traveling. debating getting a piggyback controller since they seem to provide pretty serious increases in HP and FTLB for the money.

·
776 Posts
Welcome to the forum Orion! This is the place to find everything you need for these wonderful cars. I love the white on the Abarth, nice choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts