Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats. It's taken me about 10k klm's to bed in the gearbox but still a little notchy when cold for about 10 minutes. Rev matching and double clutching downshifts help, especially third into second and second into first at "not quite stopped" speeds. Not a bad thing and easy to do with this pedal placement.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Congrats! looks good!

aloha mike

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thank you everyone! Second drive completed and no transmission sounds this time.

the car just feels more alive when touching the lever and shifting, lots of cool vibrations.

the revs climb really really quickly though, much more so than in auto.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Tomorrow is the day guys! I’ll be sure to upload some pics, but I already plan on wrapping it chrome red.
View attachment 74940 View attachment 74941 View attachment 74942 View attachment 74943
Gabriel. Do your chrome red wrap. Too cool. See if your wrapper can leave the OEM black in a faux heritage stripe. Make sure to have the mirror caps wrapped too. I’m happy for you. This is what you wanted in the beginning. If you ever make it to SoCal, PM me for IN-N-OUT and a canyon run.

Dan

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Gabriel. Do your chrome red wrap. Too cool. See if your wrapper can leave the OEM black in a faux heritage stripe. Make sure to have the mirror caps wrapped too. I’m happy for you. This is what you wanted in the beginning. If you ever make it to SoCal, PM me for IN-N-OUT and a canyon run.

Dan
I was planning on leaving the mirror caps and tow hook in black, not sure about the bonnet yet.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Btw, with a stock car, is there any difference at all between 91 and 93 oct? Thx

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looks nice please disregard my last post I guess your picture in your posts are of another car b
That’s my first one haha

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Some more impressions:

reverse requires more revs than first gear so it is a bit tricky. Learning (slowly) to rev match upon downshifting (ESC has popped up a few times while shifting haha).

any tips for upshifting smoothly? Other than practice...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Some more impressions:

reverse requires more revs than first gear so it is a bit tricky. Learning (slowly) to rev match upon downshifting (ESC has popped up a few times while shifting haha).

any tips for upshifting smoothly? Other than practice...
Upshifting should be no problem. Don't try to slam every gear. Practice smooth clutch release. Downshifting is where you make the money. To be glass smooth, you have to rev match. It takes practice. I like to double pump my accelerator as I'm shifting down. It will come. Hay que tener paciencia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got a great deal on a 2019 brand spankin’ new unit for $26,200 in Austin, TX. MSRP is $32,895.

Manual, LED, Sensors, red seats.

Looking forward to getting a System One with the 2.5 performance crosspipe and a turbo blanket for now.
In July 2020 I bought a new 2018 Classic,a not the Abarth l would prefer, with on 50 miles on it, hidden in a new car dealer back lot. I got it for $18k. This was $9.5K discounted off the list price. I was looking at older used ones with thousands of mile on them for more than what I paid on this one. I of course bought it on first sight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In July 2020 I bought a new 2018 Classic,a not the Abarth l would prefer, with on 50 miles on it, hidden in a new car dealer back lot. I got it for $18k. This was $9.5K discounted off the list price. I was looking at older used ones with thousands of mile on them for more than what I paid on this one. I of course bought it on first sight.
That even included the optional expensive auto transmission, which I like since I no longer enjoy driving sticks in the congested freeways out here in southern California with the stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
With your time machine I would be able to afford much more than a Classica!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts