Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Greetings from Montreal. I'm completely new to any forum so please forgive me if you find i'm not following the right protocol. Anyway, I am a happy owner of a new 124 Abarth! Manual, Black with Brembo and Recaro. No other options. I have been wanting a convertible for most of my life so i finally picked one up for my 51st birthday. I got inspired to buy the Fiat after renting one in Italy for 5 days. It was a blast. I'v always been a car enthusiast and my current ride is a 2017 Golf R.

Anyway I am picking up the car next Monday and I'm deciding if I should add a few thing to the car. Two items that I really like are the Alcantara shift boot and the hand break boot. I The Mopar site lists the prices and they aren't really expensive but the dealer in Canada wants to charge double. I was thinking of changing them myself but I'm not sure how complicated it is. Is anyone experienced with that job? Should I just get the dealer to install them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Abarth!

Reactions: JohnnyB

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome!

Here is a sight that sells pretty much anything you want. I bought a shift boot, brake boot, and armrest cover custom that match the Recaro seats. Black leather / Alcantara mix with red piping. But if you dive into their site they have good instructions for replacing them. The boots are pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
480 Posts
welcome to the forum...... as far as the changing of the boots, the first modification to your car should be the diverter valve upgrade. the GFB (go fast bits) DV+ is an improvement which I believe most owners here would agree is a must do modification. it actually improves the driving experience exponentially....

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Greetings from Montreal. I'm completely new to any forum so please forgive me if you find i'm not following the right protocol. Anyway, I am a happy owner of a new 124 Abarth! Manual, Black with Brembo and Recaro. No other options. I have been wanting a convertible for most of my life so i finally picked one up for my 51st birthday. I got inspired to buy the Fiat after renting one in Italy for 5 days. It was a blast. I'v always been a car enthusiast and my current ride is a 2017 Golf R.

Anyway I am picking up the car next Monday and I'm deciding if I should add a few thing to the car. Two items that I really like are the Alcantara shift boot and the hand break boot. I The Mopar site lists the prices and they aren't really expensive but the dealer in Canada wants to charge double. I was thinking of changing them myself but I'm not sure how complicated it is. Is anyone experienced with that job? Should I just get the dealer to install them?

Thanks!
Check out ExtremeRevolution's tutorial :"How to Replace Shift and E-brake Boots" on this forum. It was very helpful, when I did mine. The boots I purchased from Madness did not come with instructions. Also check some of the posts on the Alcantara boots. I recall a post where a member wasn't 100% satisfied after installation. Use the search button. There is lots of very useful information on the site.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
welcome to the forum...... as far as the changing of the boots, the first modification to your car should be the diverter valve upgrade. the GFB (go fast bits) DV+ is an improvement which I believe most owners here would agree is a must do modification. it actually improves the driving experience exponentially....
Agree on the GFB DV+. Easy 15 minute install. Just remember to plug the electrical connector back in, when finished.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to fun!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
welcome aboard. do a search on this site and you will see several threads dedicated to the shift boot upgrade. This upgrade is worth it to me.

Its actually not difficult..looks more intimidating then it should be. Do purchase a set of the plastic removal tools. They work great for the removal of the plastic center console.

aloha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts