Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the prototype of a new upgraded turbo I've been working on (note the larger billet aluminum compressor wheel). I hope to have it installed next week and then will able to provide more feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Please keep us posted on how this progresses!. And the dyno sheets are always great to see.
I know Brian Goodwin has posted some dyno sheets and although we cant compare absolute numbers, it would be nice to see the shape of the dyno with the new turbo.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Finally installed the new turbo. Initial feeling is that it definitely spools up quicker (really noticeable taking off from a stop). I will give it a week or two of driving and then hook it up on the dyno and hopefully start tuning.
That's fantastic. Very similar to the first snail going on my car shortly. Did you get a dyno before to get a delta?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on the testing I am building a version 2.0 and hope to have it in the car before the end of the month.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to develop their own turbo so this is pretty darn insane. Are you trying to mimic any other turbo in specific or what's your thought process on this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to develop their own turbo so this is pretty darn insane. Are you trying to mimic any other turbo in specific or what's your thought process on this?
It helps that I'm an automotive engineer (this is what I do for a living). I am basically designing a slightly larger compressor section but working on faster spool-up. I really want a fully streetable turbo but am looking for 10-15% flow increase across the range.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
It helps that I'm an automotive engineer (this is what I do for a living). I am basically designing a slightly larger compressor section but working on faster spool-up. I really want a fully streetable turbo but am looking for 10-15% flow increase across the range.
This is great stuff, can't wait to see how it goes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm very interested. That's exactly what I would want from a better turbo. I'm not concerned about absolute power. Would love to see what you're doing one day. I'm in LA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts