Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Another new member from the UK (Cheshire).

I was looking at a new Abarth 124 Spider and wanted one in white with the Heritage pack paint, visibility pack and auto gearbox. Spoke to the dealer and got a price and went home to think about it.
Looked on Autotrader and found one with the exact spec I wanted (also included the Bose sound and SatNav in addition to my spec) on a 1 year old demo/dealer’s car with less than 650 miles on it. About £9K cheaper than the price I was quoted new, I test drove it on Sunday and am picking it up on Friday!

Looking forward to being part of the Abarth community!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to share my thoughts and experience in the first week of ownership.

Thankfully, the weather was OK last weekend for my first few drives and I had the roof down to get the convertible experience! I am amazed at how good this car is! It drives great, sounds great, is really comfortable and lots of fun. Plus, it is so good on fuel. I haven’t found anything that I don’t like in the first week.
My previous car was a Jaguar F-type R AWD (5 litre) which new was four times the price of this car, but it wasn’t four times better than the Abarth! I have been surprised by the amount of interest that the Abarth has generated, particularly when parking up and people asking what it is.

After I had told them what it was, a couple of people said that they remembered seeing the Abarth on series 1 of the Grand Tour (episode 11). Most people seem to have never heard of Abarth. So far, it seems to generate more interest than the F-type did.

The Abarth sounds great and I much prefer the exhaust compared to the F-type. The Jaguar exhaust was insane with the pops and crackles and is guaranteed to make you smile (initially). I got to the stage where it started to grate a bit with me. I think when a car is backfiring when you are only doing about 10mph, that the engineers have ‘overdone’ the exhaust note!

So, in summary, a successful first week, it is a great car and I am looking forward to many happy miles of motoring ahead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts