Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping out the factory Abarth wheels for Advanti Racing Storm S1 17x9s
Look at the the width difference! Its only two inches but it looks like a foot!
And they are so incredibly light compared to the stock rims. Its like free horsepower!

These are going to seriously fill the wheel wells. I'm not showing the wheel faces because I am having the wheels refinished.
If you want to see stock Advanti Storm S1wheels, visit Goodwin Racing, a forum vendor, they carry them in multiple finishes.
Once I have everything in I'll post pics of the new wheels on the car.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
And they are so incredibly light compared to the stock rims. Its like free horsepower!
View attachment 84407

These are going to seriously fill the wheel wells. I'm not showing the wheel faces because I am having the wheels refinished.
If you want to see stock Advanti Storm S1wheels, visit Goodwin Racing, a forum vendor, they carry them in multiple finishes.
Well aren’t you the one to fill the forum with a little suspense! Now we’re all on the edge of our seats waiting for the reveal. 😉

Dan

·
Registered
446 Posts
Reactions: SpiritedAway

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
284 Posts
Just so you know 17x9 rubs on full lock. I found this out the hard way by buying wheels because I needed tires. I believe I also warned about this in a post after the install. Hopefully you have better luck. Nice to see someone doing something to the spider other than selling it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If only they worked on Abarths...stupid TPMS
For about $200 bucks you can get 4 TPMS sensors and a Maxi TPMS pad and program another set of wheels. Laptop not included.

Reactions: SailCat

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try paying dealer prices to have TPMS sensors installed. I bought the tool for less than $60 and four sensors for $120 and replaced all four on my Honda Element. The dealer wanted $500 to do it. Once I understood how the system works I made the investment in the tool to do it. I read all four sensors in my Abarth and recorded the information in case the batteries died. The serial numbers are written on the OEM sensors and can be entered into the Maxi TPMS program if the batteries die. That way all I have to to is buy new programmable sensors, program them and have them installed next time I change tires. Or sooner If I so desire.

BTW, the Abarth system looks for four discrete serial numbered sensors. It doesn't care where they are on the car. With this system you can have a duplicate set of wheels/tires and change tires for the winter without the TPMS system ever seeing a difference.

Reactions: SailCat

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try paying dealer prices to have TPMS sensors installed. I bought the tool for less than $60 and four sensors for $120 and replaced all four on my Honda Element. The dealer wanted $500 to do it. Once I understood how the system works I made the investment in the tool to do it. I read all four sensors in my Abarth and recorded the information in case the batteries died. The serial numbers are written on the OEM sensors and can be entered into the Maxi TPMS program if the batteries die. That way all I have to to is buy new programmable sensors, program them and have them installed next time I change tires. Or sooner If I so desire.

BTW, the Abarth system looks for four discrete serial numbered sensors. It doesn't care where they are on the car. With this system you can have a duplicate set of wheels/tires and change tires for the winter without the TPMS system ever seeing a difference.
Didn’t that other guy this fix for $12?

·
Registered
271 Posts
View attachment 84407

They are monsters! Let us know how you get on with rubbing (hopefully a lack thereof 👍🏼)

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Those black spline lugs look pretty nice. (I might be slightly biased. lol)

Reactions: TX_Bandit

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
53 Posts
The center caps for the Advanti wheels came in today
View attachment 84479
Bandit, have a question. It looks like Brembos in the background. Do the Advanti Racing Storm's work with them unmodified? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Goodwin say they "are not" a fit with the Brembos? Thanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Stunning!

Reactions: TX_Bandit

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On my ABARTH I purchased these 315MHz TPMS SENSORS

I installed them on the new wheels then had the tires mounted.
Bolted the wheels on, started the car, and the car recognized them with no problem or programing.
$79.95 for a set of four.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts