Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

New Wheels - Lug Pattern

Tags
rims wheels
3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TX_Bandit 
#1 ·
New to the forum! I've had my car for less than a year, Puro White Abarth 2018. Really looking for a good rim, and everything I like is a 5-lug pattern. Has anyone used adapters to change their lug pattern? I know it changes the offset, do the wheels look too spaced out? Example photos of some styles I like below.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but yes, there is such a thing. A quick Google search rounded up quite a few sites, but here's the links to a couple. I have zero experience with this, so other than pointing you towards where you might buy them, I can't even begin to speculate on how well they work, how safe they are, offset considerations, etc. etc. One thing they appear to be pretty eager to point out is that they'll push your tires out 2" from their current location, so they talk a lot about checking for fender clearance etc. You wonder if they'll look too spaced out? Take a picture from the front and rear of your car, and Photoshop the wheels out a couple of inches, and see what you think. 2" is a lot!
4 lug to 5 lug wheel adapters
4 TO 5 LUG WHEEL ADAPTERS 2 PIECE BILLET WHEEL SPACER 4 LUG TO 5 LUG

#3 ·
I know a lot of them also are considered spacers, I found some that only bump an inch, still concerned about the finished look though and fender clearance. Wishing ours were designed with 5 lugs! I can’t seem to find any rims I love with the 4 lug pattern

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but yes, there is such a thing. A quick Google search rounded up quite a few sites, but here's the links to a couple. I have zero experience with this, so other than pointing you towards where you might buy them, I can't even begin to speculate on how well they work, how safe they are, offset considerations, etc. etc. One thing they appear to be pretty eager to point out is that they'll push your tires out 2" from their current location, so they talk a lot about checking for fender clearance etc. You wonder if they'll look too spaced out? Take a picture from the front and rear of your car, and Photoshop the wheels out a couple of inches, and see what you think. 2" is a lot!
4 lug to 5 lug wheel adapters
4 TO 5 LUG WHEEL ADAPTERS 2 PIECE BILLET WHEEL SPACER 4 LUG TO 5 LUG

#4 · (Edited)
Maybe check out Spec-1 Racing for their rim seleciton..... they've got some nice product, and I just purchased a set from them about a month ago. They don't sell direct to consumer, so I ended up placing an order with Vivid Racing. You can source this stuff from lots of places, but these just happened to be the combination of what I went with, based on the recommendation of another forum member here. But, when I check OEM sizing, Spec-1 doesn't have any 5 spoke wheels... which you seem to be looking for. However, Vivid did have quite a few in that sytle, so you might find something of interest with them...

Spec-1: Spec-1 Wheels
Vivid Racing: Wheels and Tires | Racing Wheels | Racing Tires | Performance Wheels
VIvid Racing (OEM spec wheel options): Wheels and Tires | Racing Wheels | Racing Tires | Performance Wheels

#5 ·
New to the forum! I've had my car for less than a year, Puro White Abarth 2018. Really looking for a good rim, and everything I like is a 5-lug pattern. Has anyone used adapters to change their lug pattern? I know it changes the offset, do the wheels look too spaced out? Example photos of some styles I like below.
View attachment 80173 View attachment 80174 View attachment 80175
Have you exhausted the 4 lug wheels available? There are some very nice wheels available. Check tire rack, good -win racing and eurocompulsion for available options.

Dan

#6 ·
Also check out Rev9 if you can open your wallet. Lots of light, strong Japanese wheels in 4-lug.

#7 ·
By the time you have the 4x100 to 5x114 spacer in there, the new wheel is in contact with the fender lip....such that massive roll/pull of fenders needed to make it work. I am not saying it cannot be done, but am saying the fender roll and pull to make it fit is likely far more than you want to do.

Meanwhile we make wheels that are plug and play in various designs....that are all pretty much LESS weight than most any 5 lug choice even before you jack the effective unsprung weight higher with the spacers and extra studs and lugs that are included in those spacers.

Just a few ultra light 4x100 plug and play examples...many more at THIS PAGE.

Konig Hypergram 17x8 4X100 ET45 Carbon w/ Machined Lip

Konig Ampliform 17x8 4X100 ET45 Dark Metallic Graphite

Konig Freeform RADIUM Bronze

Konig Ultraform 17x8, 4x100, +45mm - Gloss Graphite

#9 ·
Five pointed star wheels?
You mean like this: Enkei EV5 Wheel Performance Series Bronze w/ Machined Lip 17x7 4x100/108 45mm | 446-770-1145ZP
...or this: Enkei PF05 Wheel Racing Series Dark Silver 17x7 4x100 45mm | 527-770-4945DS
...or this: Work Wheels Emotion T5R Step Rim 2 Piece Wheel 17x7 | WT5R-STP-177

They all come in a variety of colours, but all of the ones I linked here are 5 spoke patterns. But I didn't see any 5 "double spoke" patterns similar to what you showed in the images in your OP above. These are all 5 spoke, but single spoke style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.