Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, My first post! Well....just returned from a 3 hour trip away and purchased a 2019 Spider Lusso. Grew up with english sports car, in order TR3, MGA, Healy 3000 and that was some years ago. The modern "sports cars" are a long cry from the 60,s . with airbags, electronic everything, comfortable seats and tight convertible tops and turbo. Well..I do look forward to time with the Spider. My wife and I are planning a trip from here on Vancouver Island down through Oregon and beyond. I will put a few miles on it before heading out just to get familiar with my NBF. Look forward to exchanging adventures and talks about the behaviour of the the Fiat Spider. Enjoy, Kokanee :)

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
433 Posts
Welcome! The community here is great and very helpful - also check out Ameridan’s site with lots of good info:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi guys, My first post! Well....just returned from a 3 hour trip away and purchased a 2019 Spider Lusso. Grew up with english sports car, in order TR3, MGA, Healy 3000 and that was some years ago. The modern "sports cars" are a long cry from the 60,s . with airbags, electronic everything, comfortable seats and tight convertible tops and turbo. Well..I do look forward to time with the Spider. My wife and I are planning a trip from here on Vancouver Island down through Oregon and beyond. I will put a few miles on it before heading out just to get familiar with my NBF. Look forward to exchanging adventures and talks about the behaviour of the the Fiat Spider. Enjoy, Kokanee :)
You are going to have a blast with this car! If you get a chance, send us a few pictures of that beautiful west coast. Congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also was British sports car guy in my youngster years. XK120s (2) and more recently a customized, modified Triumph Spitfire. I wish you good luck with your Spider and many years of safe enjoyment with it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ooo, jealous of the big Healey! Hello and welcome aboard

·
Registered
2020 124 Abarth Convenience Group - Nav and Sound - Visibility Group - AT
145 Posts
welcome and sounds like a great road trip!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for such a warm welcome!
Have not had a chance to hit the road yet for any long drives. Do have a 3 hr run this week to get the fuel pump recall done. They tell me it is an all day event, so a 3 hours drive down then leave it at the dealership for the day then a 3 hour drive home. A long day but will be good to have it done! The transmission recall has been done. Is there anything else I should have checked. It has close to 4000 km's, so not sure if there is much else as it had its maintenance done in April with few miles on it after that.
Anyway glad to be part of this band of brothers and look forward to sharing all things Spider!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, I did not think I would have an issue with my 2019 with only 5000 km on it ....but I took it into the dealer for the fuel pump recall. Close to a 6 hour wait (first time they had done one). Unfortunately they left an overwhelming gas smell in the car which we had to deal with on the 3 hour drive home. which is still present after 4 days. I contacted them and I was assured that no gas was spilt and that it was just exposure to an open fuel tank for the hours they did the change. I argued the point but they said it should be fine in a few days...I guess we will see. In the process of removing the consul to access the pump I believe a stereo wire was disturbed and now I have the left speakers cutting out while driving. My questions to you well informed guys are......1 Do the speaker wires lie directly under the consul? 2 if so can I get a wiring diagram if only for the stereo? 3 have any of you removed the consul and or had this issue and fixed it? Appreciate any response! Attempting not to wallow in misery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts