Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Fiatisti: A few weeks ago I purchased a used (2600 mile) 124 Abarth Spider 6-speed, white with red leather. It has the Comfort and Convenience, Navigation and Sound, and the Visibility Group. And though the previous owner only had it for a few thousand miles, it came with a few (well installed) goodies: full exhaust system (Goodwin Racing, I think), stubby antenna, Auto Ricambi license plate mount, Abarth red front spoiler trim, Seletron Pedal Booster, PTP Turbo Blanket, CravenSpeed Door Bushings, tinted windows and a few other little goodies. So that gave me a nice head start. I just installed a GFB diverter valve and a shiny new EC tuning kit should be in tomorrow. I’m from the big American V8 world, but this little thing is a blast (and it’s providing a good incentive for me to go on a diet and enroll in some yoga classes!) Hopefully a little more power will keep the Accords and Camry’s at bay. The exhaust will no doubt annoy the neighbors, so I’m “that guy” again, but I manage to keep it under the radar in neighborhoods (I just wish the guy in Civic with the huge can exhaust would do the same as he flys by every morning at 6:15 AM)

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. See you all out there in the twisties....

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you......Sounds like you are on a winner there and had to smile on reading that the GFB DV+ is already installed by you, excellent start. If you have got a Good-Win...Congratulations, I absolutely love mine and its only the RoadSport Dual Tip, but that burble and sound offends nobody, gets everybody's attention with plenty of smiles and some waves. Enjoy your journey on route 124Spider.org and 21st Century 124 Spider too if you want the facts...
Cheers
ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the exhaust notes - it's in that sweet spot where it gets attention, but it's not obnoxious.

I'm in South Austin, btw - I'll keep an eye out for you. There's a surprising amount of Central Texas 124 owners on the forums/Facebook groups!

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Omigod, another Pflugervillian with a 124? I thought I was the only one crazy enough to get one and it’s been lonely! I’ve seen one in RR, but only once in the lot at Sprouts. Never in Pf.
Sounds like you got a real nugget with your car.
When things settle down we should meet and hoist a couple. I hope you drink.
Best regards,
Pete

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
79 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the group! Glad I’m not the only guy coming from the V8 world. Drive a Giulia on the daily, but traded my Mustang GT for the 124 and couldn’t be happier. A very different kind of fun, and I’m glad to be here every day. Glad to have you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. And Pikeman, I've been in P-town going on 20 years and have YET to see a 124 in town. Oh, and I've been known to toss back a pint or two. Anyway, here's a pic from the day I picked her at the dealership. I noticed the Abarth badges on my 2019 are on the doors rather than above the side marker lights. Not sure why, but I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Wow what a waste lol how could that first owner mod it so much and drive it so little?! Did you find out why?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the group! When things settle down and are back to normal, you should come out to the Fiat meetup at Top Notch Burgers (second Saturday of the month, 10:30 am). Good group of people, and lots of nice Fiats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be there as soon as I'm able. I was browsing some pictures of past events and saw a cool X1/9 amongst the cars. Haven't seen one of those in years, but I've always liked them. Also fell in love with the Pininfarina 124's many years ago. I have a problem, to be sure. I like hot rods, muscle cars, pickup trucks and big old Cadillacs. But there's only so much room in the small garage and no room in the bank account for all those cool toys. One fun vehicle at a time, I guess, plus a little Italian scoot (2006 Aprilia 250 that I like to call "my therapist.")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts