Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...but sometimes it is?

Happy medium? (BMW V10, retro-styling)

·
Registered
965 Posts
458 spider. Original. My absolute lottery car. I know there are better supercars and I dont even love Ferrari.. but I drove one in 2014 and would not want anytbjbg else.

Came out in 2009 I think.

The Alfa is lovely. Those last 3 Weissmans ( I think?) Are horrendous.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
458 spider. Original. My absolute lottery car. I know there are better supercars and I dont even love Ferrari.. but I drove one in 2014 and would not want anytbjbg else.

Came out in 2009 I think.

The Alfa is lovely. Those last 3 Weissmans ( I think?) Are horrendous.
The Wiesmann cars are quite elegant in my book and remind me of Captain Nemo’s car

·
Registered
965 Posts
I agree there is something cool about them, just dont like the looks!

Nice pics and vid though, good post!

One of my old time faves is the Lambo Diablo. Proper bedroom wall poster !

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
You guys have no class and no idea................

delboyPAY-BNPS_OnlyFoolsAndHorses_01.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
When you buy (1) a car that is super expensive, or (2) a vintage car that is highly collectible, it gets in the way of enjoying them. Besides, what’s the point of going super fast if you can’t for fear of getting pulled over...?

The beauty of the Fiat 124 Spider is that it is fun to drive without the need to go super fast, and it is not so expensive that you don’t want to get it out of the garage.

I like Jay Leno’s videos because he actually drives and enjoys his cars. He will have fun driving his Abarth 500, his 1932 Packard Twin Six, his 800 HP Hellcat or one of his exotic Ferraris.

As awesome as modern supercars are, Jay Leno says he prefers driving older cars because modern supercars require very little skill.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take an Aston Martin DB2 drophead coupe, after watching the movie, The Birds. Beautiful sound.
Checked it out, don’t like it. Doesn’t look sporty enough for me.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you buy (1) a car that is super expensive, or (2) a vintage car that is highly collectible, it gets in the way of enjoying them. Besides, what’s the point of going super fast if you can’t for fear of getting pulled over...?

The beauty of the Fiat 124 Spider is that it is fun to drive without the need to go super fast, and it is not so expensive that you don’t want to get it out of the garage.

I like Jay Leno’s videos because he actually drives and enjoys his cars. He will have fun driving his Abarth 500, his 1932 Packard Twin Six, his 800 HP Hellcat or one of his exotic Ferraris.

As awesome as modern supercars are, Jay Leno says he prefers driving older cars because modern supercars require very little skill.
Radar detector. But yes, 250 horsepower in our cars or anything below 0-60 in 5.0 seconds is overkill for daily road going.
I’ll be content with a phase 2 tune hopefully, if not stuffed turbo. That’s it.

Then there’s also the probability of getting the C8 Z06 or refreshed Giulia QV, and the excess will still prove to be quite fun I’m sure - but it will be excessive.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Radar detector. But yes, 250 horsepower in our cars or anything below 0-60 in 5.0 seconds is overkill for daily road going.
I’ll be content with a phase 2 tune hopefully, if not stuffed turbo. That’s it.

Then there’s also the probability of getting the C8 Z06 or refreshed Giulia QV, and the excess will still prove to be quite fun I’m sure - but it will be excessive.
Before the Spider I owned a bright red 500 HP Dodge Challenger Scat Pack: It was a hoot to drive when you floored it. But you couldn't do 10 MPH over the speed limit that you'd get pulled over.

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Before the Spider I owned a bright red $55,000 500 HP Dodge Challenger Scat Pack: I couldn't do 10 MPH over the speed limit that I'd get pulled over. The car was so hushed and quiet inside that, unless I was driving really fast I'd be bored.
Did you have a good radar detector? Not one ticket and have driven 100 over 15-20 times. Daily reach 90 because it is so effortless.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Did you have a good radar detector? Not one ticket and have driven 100 over 15-20 times. Daily reach 90 because it is so effortless.
No. Using a radar detector would have me driving like Miss Daisy all day long. The car was a total cop magnet. Half the time they pulled me over just to look at the car.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
A Reliant😊
Don't forget "Robin"......Ride and road holding are "Something Else"....you will "never" forget, ownership costs..what ownership costs ? , maintenance....well if you have a pit in your garage I seriously recommend you cover it ! :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Banned
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No. Using a radar detector would have me driving like Miss Daisy all day long. The car was a total cop magnet. Half the time they pulled me over just to look at the car.
Who the hell is miss daisy?

logic would dictate that this car is more exotic and attractive to cops than your standard MOPAR sedan...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts