Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching and reading the forums I decided to finally take the leap and purchase my own 124 spider. This week I walk into a local dealer (Montreal, Canada) and ask if they had any 2019-2020 in stock...of course they had none left and they just sold their last one last week :rolleyes: At that point I simply ask if I can just place an order on a 2020 model year. The salesman replies no can do and that since FCA is merging with PSA they have stopped all orders on Fiat vehicles. At that point, I wasn't sure if he was telling me the truth or just bsing me...anyways he said he could have searched the surrounding dealers for any others they have on the lot. I said it was fine and that i was looking to buying one to my specifications, also I was a little turned off with the initial response I got so I thanked him for his time and left.

I was wondering if his statement holds any water or he basically wasn't interested in filling in the paperwork?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I think you would have missed the 2020 order cycle already even under normal circumstances and would have been looking to order a 2021 if it was happening.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The dealer ordered the 2020 Spider I purchased in June last July. If they were ordering Spiders now, they’d be 2021s. As far as I know, no such thing will exist. Try widening your search. Very wide. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I guess i will have to search for 2019's that are already in inventory...thanks for the feedback.

Cheers!

·
Registered
949 Posts
What specifically are you trying to find? Is a US car a possibility?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking for an Abarth model but without any options...I did a quick search online and the only ones left within my province are the fully loaded Abarths. Which to me are still quite expensive. A US car seems like a big ordeal, I have no idea where to start with the import procedures. I will probably swing by one of the dealers that still has one this weekend and see how badly they want to get rid of it...I might be able to negotiate the price further. Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hi...Try Dealing.....They know that the 124 Spider run is over soIf you go and ask them their best price, then negotiate you could still drive away in a Top of The Range 124 Abarth......UK they were expensive...£32-36000 ! Some of the orth American lads have been dealing down to $24-26 or so, so a Fantastic Car for some really good deals, "if" you chase them.....Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
There s only 2919 spiders available in Canada. 2020 only available in the US. So if Can. wanr a 2020 go to the states and have some do the papers for you. But Canada will ask you to install DRLsince in Can. it s mandatory

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was looking for an Abarth model but without any options...I did a quick search online and the only ones left within my province are the fully loaded Abarths. Which to me are still quite expensive. A US car seems like a big ordeal, I have no idea where to start with the import procedures. I will probably swing by one of the dealers that still has one this weekend and see how badly they want to get rid of it...I might be able to negotiate the price further. Stay tuned!
If you buy an car in the US and bring into Canada you will lose the warranty. The same thing happens if you buy a car in Canada and bring it into the US. There are certain exceptions for anyone with a legitimate reason, like US/Canada armed forces personnel serving in the other country, tourist travelers, etc.

Even though NAFTA allowed cross-border vehicle purchases, dealers pressured automakers into erecting artificial cross-border barriers. The easiest way for the automakers to then circumvent the law was to void the factory warranty if you bought a vehicle across the border.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There s only 2919 spiders available in Canada. 2020 only available in the US. So if Can. wanr a 2020 go to the states and have some do the papers for you. But Canada will ask you to install DRLsince in Can. it s mandatory
There is one new 2020 Classica in Ottawa (listed on kijiji) asking sticker price $42,200. This is the only 2020 within 1,000 Km of Toronto.
No idea how they got this car, and quite expensive since a new Lusso with some options were listing in the $40s Canadian (2017 through 2019). Maybe it’s a late 2019 build and they called it a 2020????

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
it's funny but used 124 spider prices seem to be going up from what they were last december.
No big mystery really....Soft Tops in demand Summer so less about, higher premium, whereas, come Winter 4 x 4's fetch the premium whilst nobody wants a soft top, so....Buy your soft top in the winter cheap and flog it in the summer time. UK buy 4 x 4's in summer cheap and flog early winter for that premium....USA I see are Jeep /Truck mad all year round with extreme conditions likely.
t can also get rough down in Chelsea and Sloan Square, London where puddles and splashes can mark the inner wheel arches of those £100000.00 Chelsea Tractors (Post 4 x 4's for the "In" Crowd).

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this morning I walked in to the only dealer within a 100 km radius that has an Abarth on the lot, it so happened to be 25 km (15 miles) away from my place. Take a look at the car, test drove it and sat down with the dealer and started negotiating...within 30 mins the deal was done. The car was listed for 42K CAD and I managed to get it for 38.5K CAD so direct conversion is 28.7K USD. I also told him to throw in the Abarth car cover. I figure it was a good deal if the 2020 classica's are going for 42K as someone posted above. The car is fully equipped from what I saw on the sticker price, convenience, visibility and nav options, as well as the brembo brakes. Oh and white tri-coat paint which was a 1000$ option apparently. All in all I am happy with the outcome, no way was I going to get a 2020 at that price?!

Thanks everyone for your input! Great community!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I'm assuming that must have been a 2019 model. Glad you were able to find what you were searching for. Almost like a needle in a haystack at this point in time, and you seem to have gotten a decent price on it as well. So, well done!

When I checked the Fiat Canada website, there is ONE 2020 Abarth in the whole of Canada. And that's at a dealership in Vaughan, Ontario (just east of Brampton). It's listed as $50,670 CAD, which is also listed as the dealer SRP. If any other Canadian members are searching, and you want one with Canadian spec and warranty, it's the last of it's kind in the whole country. Other than that, there's a mix of about 10 Lussos and Classicas availaable in the 2020 MY.
2020 FIAT 124 Spider Abarth in Toronto (JC1NFAEK7L0143971)

·
Registered
81 Posts
So this morning I walked in to the only dealer within a 100 km radius that has an Abarth on the lot, it so happened to be 25 km (15 miles) away from my place. Take a look at the car, test drove it and sat down with the dealer and started negotiating...within 30 mins the deal was done. The car was listed for 42K CAD and I managed to get it for 38.5K CAD so direct conversion is 28.7K USD. I also told him to throw in the Abarth car cover. I figure it was a good deal if the 2020 classica's are going for 42K as someone posted above. The car is fully equipped from what I saw on the sticker price, convenience, visibility and nav options, as well as the brembo brakes. Oh and white tri-coat paint which was a 1000$ option apparently. All in all I am happy with the outcome, no way was I going to get a 2020 at that price?!

Cheers!
Great car and a great price! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

Cheers!
Boom and just like that you have one. You got a great deal. Congrats. Does it have the Brembo calipers?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. @Brexit ! will soon be after you to post a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

Cheers!
Did I mention "OUR" Commision......?

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts