Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
So this morning I walked in to the only dealer within a 100 km radius that has an Abarth on the lot, it so happened to be 25 km (15 miles) away from my place. Take a look at the car, test drove it and sat down with the dealer and started negotiating...within 30 mins the deal was done. The car was listed for 42K CAD and I managed to get it for 38.5K CAD so direct conversion is 28.7K USD. I also told him to throw in the Abarth car cover. I figure it was a good deal if the 2020 classica's are going for 42K as someone posted above. The car is fully equipped from what I saw on the sticker price, convenience, visibility and nav options, as well as the brembo brakes. Oh and white tri-coat paint which was a 1000$ option apparently. All in all I am happy with the outcome, no way was I going to get a 2020 at that price?!

Thanks everyone for your input! Great community!

Cheers!
Congrats! I also have the white tri-coat paint, and I can tell you that it is serving me very well, compared to other colours. No thin spots, no scratches, the same shade for hood, fenders, bumper, just a couple of small stone chips in 20,000 Km which were easily fixed, all in all an excellent colour (for my liking) and extremely durable, unlike some of the paint complaints you read on this forum. The $1,000 option for this paint is well worth it, just keep it waxed and you’ll remain very happy.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Boom and just like that you have one. You got a great deal. Congrats. Does it have the Brembo calipers?
Yes it does, the red calipers...I"m going to pick it up only in 2 weeks...I will post pictures once I get my hands on it. I didn't think I was going to get it so soon, I need to empty out my garage next week haha :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
So this morning I walked in to the only dealer within a 100 km radius that has an Abarth on the lot, it so happened to be 25 km (15 miles) away from my place. Take a look at the car, test drove it and sat down with the dealer and started negotiating...within 30 mins the deal was done. The car was listed for 42K CAD and I managed to get it for 38.5K CAD so direct conversion is 28.7K USD. I also told him to throw in the Abarth car cover. I figure it was a good deal if the 2020 classica's are going for 42K as someone posted above. The car is fully equipped from what I saw on the sticker price, convenience, visibility and nav options, as well as the brembo brakes. Oh and white tri-coat paint which was a 1000$ option apparently. All in all I am happy with the outcome, no way was I going to get a 2020 at that price?!

Cheers!
congrats on your purchase and hope you enjoy the car a lot

·
Registered
830 Posts

Cheers!
Congratulations!

Pics or didn't happen. 😁

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes it does, the red calipers...I"m going to pick it up only in 2 weeks...I will post pictures once I get my hands on it. I didn't think I was going to get it so soon, I need to empty out my garage next week haha :)
They're not that big so you can leave some of your stuff in the garage... I get both in and the 29 years worth of stuff I might still need. Car sounds great. You will enjoy it.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts